iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #13,488 of 13,503
what's the biggest capacity battery DX100 can use?
I got 3300mAh but I'm sure it can use larger batteries...
DX100's original batteries were manufactured in 2011.
Now it's 2019.... and there are larger capacity lithium batteries.
I just changed one 4800mAh battery, two battery series connection,3.7 x 2 = 7.4V, and all is fine.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #13,494 of 13,503
Very late to the party since it's now 2019— I finally decided to try some modded FW's on my trusty DX100...
I did the update on my R10 a couple days ago and posted brief impressions here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/i-b...ressions-thread.607423/page-109#post-13934359
Sure the UI feels smoother with the Fidelizer Audio "Purist ROM" version, but the SQ is a major downgrade to me. Sounds less musical, harsher, brighter in the high range, and boomier bass. Based on iBasso FW V1.4.2, so I guess that was to be expected, but I'd just forgotten how bad that firmware version was! After testing for nearly and hour, I decided I couldn't take it any more, so have reverted back to iBasso's FW V1.2.7., and thank goodness, aural bliss is back.
Finally the perfect 1.2.7 FW for me at last; 1.2.7 without the annoying media scan:
DX100 V1.2.7 OPTIMA MIX BY DOC2008 V2
https://yadi.sk/d/M71HYIzLhAbgD
So I'm going to give this DOC2008 Optima Mix V2 FW a shot now, since that one is supposed to be based on iBasso's FW V1.2.7.
Update: well, I didn't expect it, but there is a minuscule difference in SQ in between DOC2008's take on the FW V1.2.7 and the original; hardly noticeable, but on complex electronic music, it is there. Sounds more digital, with artefacts that shouldn't be there in the very high notes, thus flowing less naturally than with the original FW V1.2.7 from iBasso.
Also a totally unimportant detail that doesn't affect SQ but that I didn't like: the change in font of the on-screen displayed information text; I can see the idea of it enabling more room on-screen to display said information, but to me it is too squashed, I prefer the original more harmonious font.
Riddance of Market app appreciated, but UI not that particularly less glitchy than the original. Fidelizer Audio's FW was much stabler in comparison.

I'd be happy to hear about any other improved FW's you might know and recommend, but please with a SQ of at least the original V1.2.7. I recall having tried the FW V1.3.7 back in the day, and that wasn't really an improvement over it either.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #13,495 of 13,503
Hi guys,
I made some mistake, then my R10 keeps restarting and I'm unable to factory reset. I try Power + Volume up but it only shows a tiny green android and a yellow triangle.
Any idea how to fix that?
Thank you

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #13,496 of 13,503
Hi guys,
I made some mistake, then my R10 keeps restarting and I'm unable to factory reset. I try Power + Volume up but it only shows a tiny green android and a yellow triangle.
Thank you

Send back to ibasso.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #13,497 of 13,503
Hi guys,
Thank you
I think you will need to use PC to reload the firmware using the android debugging software.
You can send email to Ibasso, and they will give you clear instuction on how to do it.

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #13,498 of 13,503
I recently purchased a couple of daps namely thr hiby r5 and thebitopus3 so was ready to let go of my DX100 which I bought off the original owner about 6 years ago,
decided to update to the latest free fidelizer rom and wow ,dap has never been better,it loads my 64gb in seconds and plays beautifully.
I changed my router recently and wifi on the device is now a lot stronger and the spotify apk for gingerbread plays without any problems(no art). as
I also use VLC which is great but as soon as I load poweramp which I had purchased in the past it says my trial period is over(any ideas).
I am going to purchase a new battery , of the best daps made 😎 20201206_150137.jpg

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #13,499 of 13,503
I recently purchased a couple of daps namely thr hiby r5 and thebitopus3 so was ready to let go of my DX100 which I bought off the original owner about 6 years ago,
decided to update to the latest free fidelizer rom and wow ,dap has never been better,it loads my 64gb in seconds and plays beautifully.
I changed my router recently and wifi on the device is now a lot stronger and the spotify apk for gingerbread plays without any problems(no art). as
I also use VLC which is great but as soon as I load poweramp which I had purchased in the past it says my trial period is over(any ideas).
I am going to purchase a new battery , of the best daps made 😎20201206_150137.jpg
does this fidelizer thing actually change audio? audio should never change, it should be directly fed to dac (dac supposed to produce audio...).
Im tempted to install this fidelizer rtom but i only want speed upgrades in ui, audio should be unchanged.

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #13,500 of 13,503
does this fidelizer thing actually change audio? audio should never change, it should be directly fed to dac (dac supposed to produce audio...).
Im tempted to install this fidelizer rtom but i only want speed upgrades in ui, audio should be unchanged.

Yes, but afaik mostly because of OS optimizations. With fewer background tasks (which is also part of the speed increase), there's less interference with audio processing.

This also works in Windows and other OS, not just android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back