iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #10,787 of 13,503
Quote:
Sometimes it cuts out for me when I out it in my jacket pocket, seems like the accelerometer might be messing with it. Try turning the unit around on all axis to see if this happens, but more importantly if it's the same thing you experience.

Interesting idea.  I've always had the screen invert function turned off because that always drives me nuts...but obviously the accelerometer/gyroscope gadget is still in there.  I've tried turning the unit on all axis to reproduce the problem but no go.  When it acted up it was headphone jack up in a case in my belt.  I'm positive it did not get cold....I shouldn't have even mentioned that...just trying to consider all possibilities.  If others have seen little static electricity blips, maybe that's the issue with my jacket rubbing on the case while I walked....the winter air is definitely dry here.  Thanks all for your feedback...I feel a little better that maybe my DX100 isn't near death.  

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #10,788 of 13,503
Quote:

Interesting idea.  I've always had the screen invert function turned off because that always drives me nuts...but obviously the accelerometer/gyroscope gadget is still in there.  I've tried turning the unit on all axis to reproduce the problem but no go.  When it acted up it was headphone jack up in a case in my belt.  I'm positive it did not get cold....I shouldn't have even mentioned that...just trying to consider all possibilities.  If others have seen little static electricity blips, maybe that's the issue with my jacket rubbing on the case while I walked....the winter air is definitely dry here.  Thanks all for your feedback...I feel a little better that maybe my DX100 isn't near death.  

what firmware are you using? :)

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #10,790 of 13,503
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but couldn't find the answer with search.....

The cable on my power adapter is coming apart - breaking at the adapter so that I have electrical tap on it to try and keep it alive for a couple of weeks while getting a replacement.  Have e-mailed iBasso about a replacement, nothing yet, but also looking to try and find a potentially better quality one from a 3rd party.  I've got most of the specs that I need but I can't figure out the size of the power connector that plugs into the DX100.  I measure the outside diameter at about 3.5mm but there are three different types with 3.4mm external diameter (each with different internal diameters), three types with 3.5mm and one with 3.6mm.

Anyone know exactly what size I need, or has a micrometer and can give me exact inside / outside diameters?

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #10,791 of 13,503
My DX100 has shipped!  It just left Hong Kong a few minutes ago.  The UPS tracker says it will be delivered on the 20th.  That's quite a bit faster than I expected.  Has anyone had their DX100s held up in customs?

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #10,793 of 13,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know exactly what size I need, or has a micrometer and can give me exact inside / outside diameters?

It is 12V 1.5A AC adapter. The plug diameter is 3.5mm
[size=12pt]iBasso sell this AC adapter for 6USD[/size]

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #10,794 of 13,503
Quote:

It is 12V 1.5A AC adapter. The plug diameter is 3.5mm
[size=12pt]iBasso sell this AC adapter for 6USD[/size]

Thank you!  Yeah ended up ordering two from iBasso as replacements and they confirmed 3.5mm as well.  Still would like to get a 3rd party one as the quality of the iBasso supplied ones isn't very good and need to figure out the exact inside diameter - there are 1.10mm, 1.30mm and 1.35mm versions for 3.50mm external diameter - nothing like standards!!!

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #10,795 of 13,503

Ony part, the skipping on the go also happens in two situations: when the dx100 is upside down iny pocket and there is à sideways shock or when my taptop case which is on my shoulder covers the dx100. I don t know why, it s like something in the computer is causing an interference ! I notified ibasso and they told me to try to turn the dx 100 accelerometer off...I we not aware you could do that...

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #10,799 of 13,503
Quote:
Concerning the on-the-go skipping (not related to track format in my case as it happens only on the go), I think it is solved. I did "turn off" the accelerometer like suggested by ibasso (uncheck auto-rotate screen in the the display menu), and it does not seem to be happening anymore.

Your problem sounded a lot like mine...however my auto-rotate screen has been off since I got the DX100 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back