iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #10,803 of 13,503
Also something else I noticed. The DX100 makes headphone/IEMs that have volume control sound recessed really really far back in the mids, unless you hold in the play/pause button on the volume control. Anybody else experience this? Something figgie might consider looking into.

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #10,804 of 13,503
Quote:
Also something else I noticed. The DX100 makes headphone/IEMs that have volume control sound recessed really really far back in the mids, unless you hold in the play/pause button on the volume control. Anybody else experience this? Something figgie might consider looking into.

What?

Mids sound recessed unless you press play/pause and then change volume? I don't understand this. Can you elaborate?

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #10,805 of 13,503
It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.

Test it out if you have some headphones/IEMs with volume control.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #10,806 of 13,503
Quote:
It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.

Or maybe there's a reason for the bad rep those inline controls get here on the forums? 
wink.gif

The DX100 doesn't support input through the headphone output (to the best of my knowledge) so there's no possible way it could affect the DAP.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #10,807 of 13,503
Quote:

That's gotta be the cable, not the DX100...

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #10,808 of 13,503
I want nothing between the DX and the transducers. As little as possible in the signal path for me. I do not get recessed mids with anything I own or have tried.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #10,810 of 13,503

I use AKG K3003i which have an inline volume control, doesn't affect the sound in the slightest. Sounds like yours may be faulty.

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #10,811 of 13,503
It has happened on anything i've tried with inline volume control. B & W C5, UE900 (blue cable), V-moda crossfade, some no name brand IEM with inline volume control. All my other IEMs/headphones work fine with it. (LCD-2, RE0s. Grado SR60i's, etc)

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #10,812 of 13,503
It has happened on anything i've tried with inline volume control. B & W C5, UE900 (blue cable), V-moda crossfade, some no name brand IEM with inline volume control. All my other IEMs/headphones work fine with it. (LCD-2, RE0s. Grado SR60i's, etc)

Do you use a 6.35mm adapter? I find that the 4-pole 3.5mm plug can be picky about being pushed too far into the adapter, can cause the mids to disappear if pushed in slightly too far. Fine in the 3.5mm socket. I just use the 4-pole to 3-pole adapter supplied with the IEMs with the 6.35mm adapter. I unplug the iems a lot so dont use the 3.5mm socket to avoid wear.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #10,814 of 13,503
wow i ve been away and two new firmwares . Its not that ive been away from a pc , just i havent been gettting thread updates in near 2 months . This sort of thing has happened many xs since i joined tho , and i am subscribed to the thread . Does anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #10,815 of 13,503
I never subscribe, just check back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back