iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #9,331 of 13,503
334 bass is thicker to me. But 1Plus2 has more bass presence to it. Also I don't feel the bass on the 1Plus2 gets overwhelming. Unless I EQ the bass way up then possibly lol. But stock its never a problem and adding a little bass with the Triad doesn't hurt either. It actually warms up the mids a little which can be nice in certain tracks. When I wear the 1Plus2s I feel more like I'm wearing full size headphones with its presentation. So the sound stage is very spacious yet you get a meaty (full) sound to it. I haven't demoed their new 1Plus2 yet so I cannot comment in comparison with that just yet.

Does anyone have the new updated 1plus2 yet? Or is it still on preorder?

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #9,332 of 13,503
My pair should be coming in a couple weeks I think. They are trying to balance things out since they have a backlog until January (which is good for them business-wise). Their new model takes double the time the older models use to take to produce.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #9,334 of 13,503
Quote:
I have read almost the hole thread . Am I the only person that suffer from interuptions during playback its driving me nuts!

I don't understand what interruptions? Are you pausing the player and then rewinding the track? If you do this it will cut off during music playback after a little while of playing music.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #9,337 of 13,503
Quote:
how would the dac in the dx100 compare to something like a schiit gungnir?

I'm not sure. All I know is the Sabre DAC is one of the most highly sought after DACs. My next major upgrade on the DAC will be a Sabre chip. Costing around $1,400. But that won't be for quite some time anyways.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #9,338 of 13,503
Hi All;
     From all the glowing reviews, I am investing in one of these in addition to the Sony DAPs I'm purchasing (mainly the F series and perhaps picking up a X series if I can snatch one off auctions at a low enough price for the white).....I have a couple questions that I'm hoping some of you veterans can answer (I tried to read up, but a lot of information and I just want to make sure I understand):

1)  I'm a seasoned android user (especially with ICS and Honeycomb).....I see a lot of guys are running a basic 1 click root solution.....but is there more than 1 other than the one detailed in the FAQ?  Also, these firmware upgrades touch are strictly firmware and doesn't touch the android rom?  Just wanted to make sure firmware upgrades in the future play nicely if I root the thing.
2)  The random clicks and pop, how severe is this really?  From what I can gather, it happens much less with most extraneous stuff disabled like bluetooth, wifi etc.....but are these loud clicks and pops when the screen comes on and off/lock/unlock or just minor hiccups? 
3)  Is the FLAC tagging really broken?  That will be the main thing I'll listen to other than 320kpbs MOG (assuming that works fine) so I wanted to make sure if the album covers and tags I've tagged all my FLACS with will show up.
4)  Is the carrying case from the 1st post what you guys are all using or are there some other known good solutions?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get the device....really excited because the feedback here on the sound has been tremendous so I'm taking the plunge. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #9,339 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi All;
     From all the glowing reviews, I am investing in one of these in addition to the Sony DAPs I'm purchasing (mainly the F series and perhaps picking up a X series if I can snatch one off auctions at a low enough price for the white).....I have a couple questions that I'm hoping some of you veterans can answer (I tried to read up, but a lot of information and I just want to make sure I understand):

1)  I'm a seasoned android user (especially with ICS and Honeycomb).....I see a lot of guys are running a basic 1 click root solution.....but is there more than 1 other than the one detailed in the FAQ?  Also, these firmware upgrades touch are strictly firmware and doesn't touch the android rom?  Just wanted to make sure firmware upgrades in the future play nicely if I root the thing.
2)  The random clicks and pop, how severe is this really?  From what I can gather, it happens much less with most extraneous stuff disabled like bluetooth, wifi etc.....but are these loud clicks and pops when the screen comes on and off/lock/unlock or just minor hiccups? 
3)  Is the FLAC tagging really broken?  That will be the main thing I'll listen to other than 320kpbs MOG (assuming that works fine) so I wanted to make sure if the album covers and tags I've tagged all my FLACS with will show up.
4)  Is the carrying case from the 1st post what you guys are all using or are there some other known good solutions?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get the device....really excited because the feedback here on the sound has been tremendous so I'm taking the plunge. 

1) Pretty much any known Gingerbread exploit should work. Gingerbreak is the most user-frienly implementation I could find. The firmware is a complete rom, so you'll need to (one-click) root again after updating.

2) There are basically no clicks or pops with wifi and bluetooth turned off. Edit: Unplug your headphones when turning it on. Like many other amps, the amp in the DX100 will give off a loud pop when it turns on.

3) Flag tags are read perfectly if your files are tagged properly.

4) I use two cases. Peli 1060 that also suits my ciems and a LowePro Tahoe 30 soft case:

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #9,340 of 13,503
One plus is the pop isn't nearly as loud as it use to be. Maybe you can give it a shot yourself Soren :). Take one for the team lol. Also when powering off there is no pop at all pretty much.

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #9,341 of 13,503
Best carrying case for the DX100 is Norêve's Universal PDA - Tradition - Large genuine leather carrying case, in black colour.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #9,344 of 13,503
Quote:
No its like it runs out of memory and just stop and continue by itself like if it was streaming 

I don't experience that issue. Try a factory reset and contact iBasso. Definitely not normal (nor acceptable at any rate).

Quote:
Hi All;

1) I don't know but I'd like to.
2) I don't suffer from any bar from the one pop that occurs when I turn the device screen on after it's been off for a while when it isn't playing music. Just that specific circumstance. And it's gotten a lot less severe with newer firmware.
3) All works fine for me, no complaints here.
4) I'm using the silicone case to great effect. I think it actually helps with heat dissipation although that is pure speculation.

As long as you don't mind the average battery life (~8hrs, remember it drains slowly from 100% and rages through from 60% downwards), the clunky size and the relatively slow UI (which is being improved through firmware) you should be pretty happy with it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back