iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #9,347 of 13,503
Thanks for everyone's response.  I kinda thought so with the "firmware upgrade"....it's actually just flashing another rom on top it seems like without a clean wipe.  No biggie to root though as long as they don't do away with the exploits.  Just to confirm soren (since I saw your instructions originally), is this the exact exploit you're using?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

Interesting options on the cases, I think I'll just order the TPU case and screen protector from iBasso as that'll play nicely with other amps should I choose to band them all together.....speaking of amps.....might be a bit off topic, but I am on the preorder list for the pico power (been very impressed with their stuff using the pico slim).....I am considering a to go serious listening station....probably with a LCD-2 (own the LCD-3 now for home use).....I see a lot of people using the MK3 from ALO and after looking at the specs, it seems like a amp that will really shine with balanced inputs and outputs.  Is it worth having a headphone terminated with that mini balanced port (not even sure what that's called) despite having a single ended input from the iBasso?  I have a balanced setup at home with the Mjolnir and Gungnir from Schiit and I was under the understanding that to have the balanced setup properly setup....the whole chain should be balanced, including input (which obviously would be an issue from an iBasso unless you add something like a CLAS).  Let me know what you guys think about this one.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #9,348 of 13,503
More info from iBasso guys. I sent them an email recently in response to figgie's unit, as well as mine and the possibility of just a music player for the DX100. This was their response:

Hello, Jan,
Thank you for your email again.
First, please end your DX100 back. we will provide free warranty and double check the problems.
Second, we thought we can contact Figgie, when we are ready to provide the API. Anyway,we will contact Figgie on Monday and arrange a DX100 for him.
Third, if you guys dont need bluetooth and wifi, we can develop a closed system for the DX100.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Two words. F--k yeah.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #9,349 of 13,503
Quote:
More info from iBasso guys. I sent them an email recently in response to figgie's unit, as well as mine and the possibility of just a music player for the DX100. This was their response:

Hello, Jan,
First, please end your DX100 back. we will provide free warranty and double check the problems.
Second, we thought we can contact Figgie, when we are ready to provide the API. Anyway,we will contact Figgie on Monday and arrange a DX100 for him.
Third, if you guys dont need bluetooth and wifi, we can develop a closed system for the DX100.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Two words. F--k yeah.

Well blue tooth isn't necessary but Wifi is only for downloading programs. Especially if there is a possibility to get Neutron and Power Amp supporting 24/192. Funny how they never replied back to me. Guess I must have pissed them off. Then again I could care less because I kept pushing for them to fix the remaining issues instead of making up petty excuses.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #9,350 of 13,503
Quote:

Well blue tooth isn't necessary but Wifi is only for downloading programs. Especially if there is a possibility to get Neutron and Power Amp supporting 24/192. Funny how they never replied back to me. Guess I must have pissed them off. Then again I could care less because I kept pushing for them to fix the remaining issues instead of making up petty excuses.

I made it very obvious that I would post all their answers on a public forum. That might motivate them to reply to my emails first.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #9,351 of 13,503
Also I've seen some DX100's floating around for sale with the brand name 'Mini Audio' on the back. Please see below, as per iBasso's website.

"Our company has two brands, iBasso for international sale, and Mini-Audio for China Market. We only supply Mini-Audio products to our legal dealer in China and do not allow them to sell Mini-Audio products to other countries. If there are any Mini-Audio products returning from other countries for warranty request,  we may reject the request or charge repair fee. Recently, there are some reports about illegal dealer selling Mini-Audio products online. Also, we have not release the D3 in Mini-Audio brand, some illegal dealer is selling Mini-Audio D3 online, but send the buyer D2 Boa insteal. Please be aware of that.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio
Dec, 2008"

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #9,352 of 13,503
Quote:

Hello, Jan,

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Two words. F--k yeah.

I don't mind the BT and Wifi (if only my Wifi worked) but PLEASE lose the calendar, email, calculater and other bloatware. Strip it down to a barebones framework for running the music player and possibly Poweramp/Neutron.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #9,353 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't mind the BT and Wifi (if only my Wifi worked) but PLEASE lose the calendar, email, calculater and other bloatware. Strip it down to a barebones framework for running the music player and possibly Poweramp/Neutron.

And release the API to Power Amp and Neutron lol. I already own Power Amp and would love to use it as my main player if it had the same sound quality as the Stock player. I'd probably give neutron a shot as well :). I emailed them again so let's see if they will continue ignoring me or not. I did mention headfi this time lmao.

Also I just ordered my Heir 8As :wink:. The price was cheaper than I originally thought. Since I paid in advance this year my new total came out to $660.45. Awesome price for the quality piece I'll be getting. Just can't wait. Also gonna have to send my impressions in.

My order will have  the Berl wood faceplate with coconut inline. Light teal blue (looks greenish to me) for the left and light blue for the right shell. I'll also have clear tips, the carrying case, wax cleaner and the cable is free which is nice. I wasn't expecting that. I have a silver cable I'll use for it anyways and see how it sounds in comparison :).

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #9,354 of 13,503
Quote:
And release the API to Power Amp and Neutron lol. I already own Power Amp and would love to use it as my main player if it had the same sound quality as the Stock player. I'd probably give neutron a shot as well :). I emailed them again so let's see if they will continue ignoring me or not. I did mention headfi this time lmao.

Also I just ordered my Heir 8As :wink:. The price was cheaper than I originally thought. Since I paid in advance this year my new total came out to $660.45. Awesome price for the quality piece I'll be getting. Just can't wait. Also gonna have to send my impressions in.

My order will have  the Berl wood faceplate with coconut inline. Light teal blue (looks greenish to me) for the left and light blue for the right shell. I'll also have clear tips, the carrying case, wax cleaner and the cable is free which is nice. I wasn't expecting that. I have a silver cable I'll use for it anyways and see how it sounds in comparison :).

Congrats! They sound stupidly good with just about anything you throw at them! 

Why the many colors?

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #9,355 of 13,503
Quote:
Congrats! They sound stupidly good with just about anything you throw at them! 

Why the many colors?

I think it will go good together. The bottom picture is just for illustration. The tips will be clear while the left IEM will be tiel blue and the right one will be light blue. I think this will look unique yet also make is very easy for me to know which one goes in which ear lmao.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #9,356 of 13,503
Well after reading nearly 35 pages on the ALO MK3 page....seems like I found all the feedback I need on using a DX100 with it.  Thanks for all the help on this thread as well pointing me in the right direction, hopefully I won't have too much trouble with the device when I get it.  Funny I just realized Sorenslim is the same guy that made me spring for the Heir 4ai/3ai incoming right now...knew I saw that avatar somewhere......Soren, can you help verify this is the exploit you're rooting with:

Just want to make sure before I screw something up.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #9,357 of 13,503
Quote:
Well after reading nearly 35 pages on the ALO MK3 page....seems like I found all the feedback I need on using a DX100 with it.  Thanks for all the help on this thread as well pointing me in the right direction, hopefully I won't have too much trouble with the device when I get it.  Funny I just realized Sorenslim is the same guy that made me spring for the Heir 4ai/3ai incoming right now...knew I saw that avatar somewhere......Soren, can you help verify this is the exploit you're rooting with:

Just want to make sure before I screw something up.

Yep, that's the one 
smile.gif

Gotta love XDA, the only online forum with a signal to noise ratio worse than Head-Fi 
biggrin.gif

Edit: Sorry about your wallet.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #9,358 of 13,503
Hah......so true about XDA.....mostly bitching about updates and why this doesn't work....oh wait a sec. =P  Thanks again for your help, the wallet doesn't accept apologies anymore, it's given up by now lol.

EDIT:  Wallet breathes a sigh of relief, the black MK3 is out of stock for now from ALO. =D

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #9,359 of 13,503
Good news guys! :wink:

To: lee730
Sent: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 2:52 am
Subject: iBasso Audio

Hello,
Thank you for your emails.
Actually, both of Dmitry from Neutron audio and Poweramp contacted us many months ago.  We will get back to them once we are ready to provide the API.

Best Regards,
iBasso Audio

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #9,360 of 13,503
Quote:
Good news guys! :wink:

To: lee730
Sent: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 2:52 am
Subject: iBasso Audio

Hello,
Thank you for your emails.
Actually, both of Dmitry from Neutron audio and Poweramp contacted us many months ago.  We will get back to them once we are ready to provide the API.

Best Regards,
iBasso Audio

I will say it again...somebody has to cuff you, what energy drink your having...its not wings, its rockets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back