iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #5,701 of 13,503
Quote:
That's clever! I have been using Mp3tag to remove tags on problem albums and then rebuilding them from freedb or from scratch. This is a much better method.
This would be great. I'd also like a quick way one-button way to get back to the player when I'm deep in the layers of folders and albums. I know you can hit home screen and then tap the player widget ...but I'm even more lazy than that.
redface.gif

This one, with the LACO, is of my favourite albums. Excellent stuff!

Try this: install Go Launcher>Preferences>Gesture settings>Home key action>Application>select Music player. I've been using it for awhile and it's quick and easy. Every time you hit home button will bring up the advance Music player (not the basic one). Hit it again and it brings up the main/home screen. It toggles between Music player and home screen.

May 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #5,702 of 13,503
Quote:

Try this: install Go Launcher>Preferences>Gesture settings>Home key action>Application>select Music player. I've been using it for awhile and it's quick and easy. Every time you hit home button will bring up the advance Music player (not the basic one). Hit it again and it brings up the main/home screen. It toggles between Music player and home screen.

Now if you could make this work with the Playlist menu then you may have my interest. The Home player doesn't please me at all to be honest. It doesn't allow me ot access all my music on the fly as playlists or the directory does. Only when I have to change EQ or a feature through the main player is when I actually go to this screen.

May 2, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #5,703 of 13,503

Hey, thanks for that. Great solution. I played around with that function of GO Launcher only a very tiny bit.

Unfortunately I ditched GO during the firmware update and don't think I'll be reinstalling it. The stock UI is much more responsive than it was previously and there's not much to be gained by me using GO.

Cheers

May 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #5,704 of 13,503
Quote:
Looks like factory reset won't take me back to the old version.

You can always "update" to the old version, should the need arise. Downgrading the firmware works exactly the same way as upgrading.

On a sad note, the screen protector that iBasso was kind enough to include scratches from just about anything. I got a large scratch on it from a crumb on my desk or something :frowning2:

Anyone know of a film screen protector that would nicely fit the DX100? Preferably not a Zagg.

May 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #5,705 of 13,503
I ditched it too (together with No Lock) when upgraded to new firmware but soon realized that I have to go thru too many keystrokes just to access the main music player. Didn't really notice any slag in Go Launcher. Really enjoyed the convenience of hitting home button and having instant access to player. I deleted all the other pages and only have one home screen. No need to clutter the DX100 with other non-essential apps. I prefer to use it strictly as a dap.

May 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #5,706 of 13,503
AWB Launcher is the way to go. Add the player to the dock and you always have access to it.

May 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #5,708 of 13,503
Collected my HE-500s with Silver Dragon V3 cable from the Post Office depot earlier today. I'm listening to them now with the DX100. My first high-end pair of cans - WOW is all I can say. That the DX100 can drive them to sound like this is pretty impressive in my book.

May 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #5,709 of 13,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by strannik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a sad note, the screen protector that iBasso was kind enough to include scratches from just about anything. I got a large scratch on it from a crumb on my desk or something :frowning2:

Anyone know of a film screen protector that would nicely fit the DX100? Preferably not a Zagg.

I don't think there are any unless you want to cut it out yourself, but some Galaxy Tab (or Note) screen protectors and crop it. I asked iBasso about this and the rep just replied "take it to your nearest cellphone shop and they should know what to do to replace your screen protector"

The rep also mentioned that the glass is made of "hardened glass" which is scratch proof but there is a scratch in his unit without any screen protector on (wow the rep is rich)

May 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #5,710 of 13,503
In the UK, it's easy to obtain iPad screen protectors, which are obviously huge, and simply cut these down to fit one's handheld device, whatever it may be.

May 2, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #5,711 of 13,503
Cutting screen protectors manually causes issues on the edge where the cut is made, it typically deforms it, bends a little and will cause the protector to lose stickiness on that edge.  Might be better to get a premade protector that is the right size or smaller so you at least protect the screen area and leave the rest uncovered, eg where the buttons or edges are.

May 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #5,712 of 13,503
I have had mine in my pocket many times, in off cases and general packed around, with no screen protector and have no scratches. It is hardened glass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back