iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #5,716 of 13,503
Well if there is any type of sand or grit, you might scratch it. I don't like screen protectors but wish I had used one on my Leica M9 screen since it is a coated plastic, which is insulting for the price of the M9. 

May 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #5,717 of 13,503
Quote:
Well if there is any type of sand or grit, you might scratch it. I don't like screen protectors but wish I had used one on my Leica M9 screen since it is a coated plastic, which is insulting for the price of the M9. 

The price of the M9 wasn't insulting enough by itself? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

(This is coming from a 5Dmk II owner with a serious L-series addiction)

May 3, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #5,720 of 13,503
Just received my dx100 today. Great build quality, but the screen protector already has some scratches on it. :/

Just had a quick 5 min listen on my W4Rs before I've to get back to work. Music sounds more dynamic and alive than on e iphone4S. Hope to get more listening and burn in later.

Settings show it's loaded with v1.1 already. Also glad to report no pops when pressing play, or from waking up from sleep.
Was on low gain though.

Loving the box

May 3, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #5,721 of 13,503
Quote:
 Upgrade to a M9-P with sapphire crystal like mine and you dont need a LCD protector anymore!

That's ok, won't get me any better pictures. :^) They should have had the sapphire on the M9. Since shooting with Leica since 1968, the M9 was the biggest challenge to get right with regards to lens calibration. 
------------------------------------------------
Well, I have cargo pockets so I guess that would make a difference on the screen of the DX100. Not much pressure. 

May 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5,724 of 13,503
I either have a warm up pants or tight jeans, walking 2 hrs or more each day in the HK humidity and rain.
Quote:
That's ok, won't get me any better pictures. :^) They should have had the sapphire on the M9. Since shooting with Leica since 1968, the M9 was the biggest challenge to get right with regards to lens calibration. 
Well, I have cargo pockets so I guess that would make a difference on the screen of the DX100. Not much pressure. 

May 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #5,726 of 13,503
Quote:
*emails iBasso demanding the new box*
   *hopes for a new DX100 hiding inside the empty box*
       *completely disappointed*
           *I think I'm dumb*

No - youre an inspiration. Now put that cork back on your fork and adjust your pullups  Daddy has lady friend coming over. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #5,727 of 13,503
Quote:

M9: tell me about it :frowning2:. In the end i had my Rit90, Lux50, Lux50ASPH, Lux35, calibrated for it. In fact the only ones I didn't was the Rit & Lux 24. And all worked fine on my M6/7!! At least the M9P is sapphire.

Soren, you can't compare DSLRs to the Leica rangefinders though. Aside from the M9, I too shoot with a Nikon DSLR (was D3, sold it to pick up the D800E later this month). Each have their own space in photography.

Back on topic: BTW, DX100 lasts around 6-7 hrs which I'm reasonably happy with. How are you guys having your DX100 lasting only 4 hrs? Are you calibrating your battery correctly?

May 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #5,728 of 13,503
Went to see Fink live last night - Superb sound, 200 people tops. GREAT performance!

My phone couldn't zoom out any further.

And how is this relevant to the DX100 you ask? Well I'll tell ya! Go to Http://www.finkworld.co.uk and get the album "Sort Of Revolution" in 24/44.1 WAV for £7 and listen to the track "Q&A" for some serious dynamics. Plus, it's an awesome album in great quality. The album "Perfect Darkness" is pretty damn good as well.

May 3, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #5,729 of 13,503
EQ bass to 5+ and 24 bit tracks volume 215-235 and I get 3.5 hrs tops. Not a big complaint just is and the sound is awesome so I am happy.
Quote:
M9: tell me about it :frowning2:. In the end i had my Rit90, Lux50, Lux50ASPH, Lux35, calibrated for it. In fact the only ones I didn't was the Rit & Lux 24. And all worked fine on my M6/7!! At least the M9P is sapphire.

Soren, you can't compare DSLRs to the Leica rangefinders though. Aside from the M9, I too shoot with a Nikon DSLR (was D3, sold it to pick up the D800E later this month). Each have their own space in photography.

Back on topic: BTW, DX100 lasts around 6-7 hrs which I'm reasonably happy with. How are you guys having your DX100 lasting only 4 hrs? Are you calibrating your battery correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back