IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #16 of 445
I tested the DC Elite with the Cowon Plenue 1 that I still own (to compare with a DAP for less than 1000 euros that I own and this DAP, despite its years, still has its “charm”). According to my ears and my personal tastes the dc elite is clearly above. The soundstage is immense in comparison, it is clear and airy, the bass is much more punchy too. On the other hand the midrange is more recessed on the dc elite which for the voices can bother some people. The treble is well emphasized without being too aggressive (unlike the dx 320 amp11 mk2 which in my case becomes tiring over long listening sessions).
This is my first dongle so I don't know the level of other brands on the market but I'm quite amazed by the result.
Daps of less than 1000 euros will have to raise the level to avoid being overtaken 😋

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 445
We will be releasing the USB C to dongle with a USB A for a power bank or however you wish to power the DC series.

The CB19
thumbnail.png

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #18 of 445
We will be releasing the USB C to dongle with a USB A for a power bank or however you wish to power the DC series.

The CB19
That's great news!
Am wondering if any yet existing USB-C splitter will work as well?
Whereas I haven't yet found any other splitter which is having USB-C male plugs on all 3 ends yet.
Any availability dates yet?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 445
No Lightning option? :frowning2:
You just need something like this, working fine in my case yet with Ibasso USB-C stock cables and DC Elite:

ddHiFi TC28i USB-C to lightning adapter.

Advantage is also that you can leave one pure USB-C cable permanently attached to the dongle and only keep or remove adapters on the other depending on your source.
That will prevent wearing out the DC-Elite port longterm which I read in some review has been a weak link on Ibasso Dongles before

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #21 of 445
You just need something like this, working fine in my case yet with Ibasso USB-C stock cables and DC Elite:

ddHiFi TC28i USB-C to lightning adapter.

Advantage is also that you can leave one pure USB-C cable permanently attached to the dongle and only keep or remove adapters on the other depending on your source.
That will prevent wearing out the DC-Elite port longterm which I read in some review has been a weak link on Ibasso Dongles before
Edit: I understand what you are implying, you mean, CB19 used in conjunction with the TC28i. :)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #22 of 445
Jan 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #23 of 445
Hello, i received the DC Elite last friday, and after testing it with many headphones and iems i must say that is simply spectacular, is the best dongle i ever heard, and plays better than many daps i had, this said has i allways told ,i am not a fan of any brand , i am fan of great designed projects, congrats to iBasso for this

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #24 of 445
Good night
I have DC Elite just minor problem..I primarily use it with I pod touch 7G ..The light on the side go red/light blue/green it plays but…When I changed track it appears not to be able to play.Its an excellent product very happy with it..It plays fine on my iPhone 12.Any thoughts appreciated
John

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #25 of 445
Re:above green light came on playing fire..Amazing small product..Perhaps I’m doing something wrong?

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #27 of 445

The CB19
I also want to buy CB19.

Is it possible to make the length of the cables on the CB19 longer, at least the TypeC to TypeC cable? Let's say 30-50 centimeters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back