iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Jan 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #91 of 774
So the P4 does have more current that the Stepdance and the D6 more than the P4.  Sounds intriguing.  D6 obviously isn't balanced right?  Can iBasso make a P4 or D6 balanced?  That would be nice, thx.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #93 of 774
pauly, just for my own edification, can you pls list all the iBasso amps you currently own ? I think I lost track about 12 months ago.

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #94 of 774
Check out the DACPort.  More $, but class A amplification, and 1.5W (750mW x 2).  I've been using both the D12 and the DACPort and there's no question about the relative audio performance, though the D12 totally wins on features/$.  And DACPort is made in USA.

I have to admit if the D6 had been out I would have bought it over the D12, I think it's a cleaner design, and I like the idea of being able to really drive any can with it...  The battery makes it ideal for stuff like audio from the iPad...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 12, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #95 of 774
To my ear the D6 has some of the best sound I have heard from an iBasso amp and I think the P4 is very, very good. The D6 is fluid and has a quality it is hard to define. It just sound effortless and clean and works fine with my LCD-2. The DAC section further defines what you can do even with 16/48 as I hear improvement with that and it is fun to finally get true 24/96 and all that it has to offer. 

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #97 of 774
d6 is impressive as it gives good all in one box solution for laptop users - usb dac, line in for using with tablet or iphone, and high power. Wondering what are the rival products and how does it fair against them. DACPort is one. Others in the same price range?

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #100 of 774
Shameless bump for some impressions from those who have heard it. Specifically against D12 (thanks Jamato for the short positive comparison to the P4). I'm getting trigger happy and need to know if the D6 outperforms the D12!

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #103 of 774
Time to replace my faithful D2 Viper (the ibasso portable prototype). I'm still in love big time with the sound I get from it (having found an extremely satisfying opamp configuration) but it has become cumbersome to fiddle with the volume pot to avoid channel imbalance. Given the quality of ibasso's customer service I could send it back to have it repaired but I can't resist another upgradeitis bout. Considering the number of iterations (17 if I'm counting right) since the Viper's release I expect a noticeable improvement!

Listening to the Viper right now and it's still sooooo enjoyable. The D6 better be good.

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #104 of 774
I ordered mine last night to use with my JH16s =)

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #105 of 774

Quote:
Shameless bump for some impressions from those who have heard it. Specifically against D12 (thanks Jamato for the short positive comparison to the P4). I'm getting trigger happy and need to know if the D6 outperforms the D12!

I don't know. The D12 was a surprise to me. I expected it to be good but it is so fluid and natural that I was surprised. The advantage the D6 has is power. It has over twice the voltage swing so much more power. It depends upon what you are driving or what the load is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back