iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Oct 14, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #31 of 1,153
^^ same as the D10, you plug a mini cable into the aux/line out jack and if the USB is being fed, it will automatically switch on the line-out function.

dang, I go out for a ciggie and get beaten to the punch
wink.gif
its not perfect this system and I personally would prefer a physical switch, sometimes I need to cycle the D10 to get it to recognize an input/output and switch the relay.

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #32 of 1,153
Now I'm glad I didn't already buy the D2+, I'd rather have the 9 Volt.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #34 of 1,153
I was waiting till christmas to get a D10. Hopefully they come out with the D11 soon so I don't have to wait too much longer to get it.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #35 of 1,153
Hi there!

How does this thing conect with DAP? It'ill bring cables?
Or you have to buy it separatly?
I currently have iPod Touch 2G 32 GB and Sansa Clip+ 8 GB.
Any recomendations?

Will you recomend this one instead of the D2 + Boa?
What's the improvement?
With , let's say, not so god speakers, you wont get to "feel" the power of this equipment, right?
Im saying this because in the home office (the place where i listen to more music) i have Logitech Z4 speakers, and im afraid that i wont get the full potential of this DAC.
In a 150/200$ budget what others may i consider?
I have a recomendation for Harman-Kardan Soundstick II, any others?

(if this questions sounded dumb, it's because they really are, sorry 'bout that)

Thanks.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 1,153
without a digital source in (USB, optical) you won't be using the DAC at all, just the amp. So, straight from a DAP, it's just an amplifier, not a DAC at all.

It's also not really meant to be connected to power speakers, it's not that powerful a device.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
without a digital source in (USB, optical) you won't be using the DAC at all, just the amp. So, straight from a DAP, it's just an amplifier, not a DAC at all.

It's also not really meant to be connected to power speakers, it's not that powerful a device.

Thank you kb1gra, but i 've not make myself clear, when i mean connected to speakers, i meant trough laptop via USB, that way can work as a DAC and an amplifier, no?

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #38 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you kb1gra, but i 've not make myself clear, when i mean connected to speakers, i meant trough laptop via USB, that way can work as a DAC and an amplifier, no?

Yes it will be a dac and preamplifier to speakers that either have a built in amplifier or external amplifier.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #39 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it will be a dac and preamplifier to speakers that either have a built in amplifier or external amplifier.

Thank you jamato, what about the speakers, are the Harman-Kardan soudstick ii (the ones i can afford) a good choice to pair with the Ibasso D4,
or could you recomend another ones, in the same "league"?
(in hope you understand my indecision, i really am new in the area, and im trying not make many mistakes)

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #40 of 1,153
Ah, sorry, you were asking about using it with DAPs so I assumed that's what the whole post was about.

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #41 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you jamato, what about the speakers, are the Harman-Kardan soudstick ii (the ones i can afford) a good choice to pair with the Ibasso D4,
or could you recomend another ones, in the same "league"?
(in hope you understand my indecision, i really am new in the area, and im trying not make many mistakes)

I have not used those speakers and don't really have experience with other small speakers. I am sure there are many people that have had experience. It might be good to look on some of the other forums here that might deal better with the question.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #43 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detrex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's see how this places against the HiFiMAN...
wink_face.gif

Not in the same league, apart from being a standalone player, the HM-801 has dual PCM1704U-K.

This D4 Mamba is obviously a direct competitor to the Original Pico with USB DAC.

I much prefer USB straight to I2S implementation even with sacrificing Coax or Optical input options. I prefer ONE high quality input vs. Two mediocre ones.

-Ed

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #45 of 1,153
The opamps that come installed are: AD8066 on L/R, and LMH6655s on the buffer. The 8066 can run from 5 to 24 volts and the 6655 up to 12 volts so they can run from the USB or the 9 volt battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back