iBasso D3 has serious problem...
Jan 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 21
I had a D3 for about a week and then sent it back due to the constant buzzing I was getting (due to my iPhone and the other cell phones and RF in my house). I had to keep my iPhone at least 4 feet away from my D3, and that rendered it pretty much useless as my phone is always close by.

I also started picking up radio stations on the D3, and it completely ruined any music I was listening to, and made the device unusable. I tried various remedies (changing batteries, interconnects) to no success. From my experience the shielding on the D3 was just not sufficient.

I realized most of my listening is done while at the computer so I sent it back and got an Apogee Duet (Yes, about double the price) but WELL worth it.

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #17 of 21
I've just changed PSU.
I use Linear PSU which I found in our IT "trash". It is 12(5) V PSU for one of our old net switch. This is very good quality PSU. After small modification (I use only 5V of this PSU) I use it with my SB3.
After connecting SB3 (powered with this PSU) with my iBasso D3 I can only say that change is DRAMATIC.
The buzz and distortion went away... The sound is very good, bas is very deep and bacground dark, wow what a change...
With my Westone UM2 the sound is now a bit to warm for me... is now better with my AKG K-280 Parabolic.
What can I say? People, get rid of standard PSU!

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobpensik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a D3 for about a week and then sent it back due to the constant buzzing I was getting (due to my iPhone and the other cell phones and RF in my house). I had to keep my iPhone at least 4 feet away from my D3, and that rendered it pretty much useless as my phone is always close by.

I also started picking up radio stations on the D3, and it completely ruined any music I was listening to, and made the device unusable. I tried various remedies (changing batteries, interconnects) to no success. From my experience the shielding on the D3 was just not sufficient.

I realized most of my listening is done while at the computer so I sent it back and got an Apogee Duet (Yes, about double the price) but WELL worth it.

Wow, I thought I was the only one picking up radio stations with the D3 Python, because NORAD is in my backyard with dozens of radio station towers on the summit of Cheyenne Mountain. I reported on this in my review of it.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 21
I realize that this may be a bit outdated, but has anyone figured out a solution for shielding the D3?
I picked one up used on the forums ( guess I should have done some research). I love the sound with my IEM's and it works great as a DAC but the fact that it picks up radio makes it useless as an amplifier.

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
I realize that this may be a bit outdated, but has anyone figured out a solution for shielding the D3?
I picked one up used on the forums ( guess I should have done some research). I love the sound with my IEM's and it works great as a DAC but the fact that it picks up radio makes it useless as an amplifier.

EMI blocking card from www.quickbridgesolutions.com - it really works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back