iBasso D3 has serious problem...
Dec 30, 2008 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

mirh

Head-Fier
When I connect my Ibasso D3 Python to iPod (LOD) everything is ok.
When I connect to my laptop via USB - working as a DAC/amp also everything is ok, but using it with my SqueezeBox Classic is different story...
When connected via line-out of Squeezebox I can hear quite loud buzz sound. It is like old 50hz transformer. And it interferes with sound causing distortion. I noticed that when I touch the casing of D3 the buzz is quieter.
My squeezebox is ok when connected to my stationary amp everything is ok.
I read several posts concerning interferences with D3 and I thought it didn’t concern me :frowning2:

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 21
Do you have a phone nearby or something?

Not quite sure but it's something due to the wifi transmitting to and from the squeezebox?

Hopefully someone more detailed can respond.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 21
I've just changed my RC cables for very chip one (but twice longer) and situation is better. I can still hear buzz but it is very quite and first off all it doesn't interference with sound.
Strange... it looks like D3 is very sensitive to interconnects.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 21
I was about to pull my trigger on the D3...but guess I will wait and see...

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was about to pull my trigger on the D3...but guess I will wait and see...

Read my thread. It is a fine amp, actually the best you can buy for the money and rivals amps 100s more.

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 21
I have a wifi router 2 meters away from my PC and I wonder if it will interfere with the D3?

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a wifi router 2 meters away from my PC and I wonder if it will interfere with the D3?

I have my wifi router within arms length and there is no problem with my D3.

Steven.

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #9 of 21
If changing interconnects helped some, maybe you should get some interconnects or power cords with those ferrites on them to help with the interference. It sounds like an issue with your power.

Maybe what you need is one of these. It is for blocking out electro-magnetic pulses.

QB-EM shield

HeadphoneAddict bought one of those (they are like $5 shipped for 1) and said it cut down on his interference he was getting with all his DAPs considerably. Not just his D3 but all of his amps. But this was being caused by his Iphone when just near his DAPs and not even hooked up.

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #10 of 21
I must admit i have no problem with the D3 even though i have a wifi router + a 3g nokia phone in the same room. So don't know why you guys are experiencing it..

RAQemUP what do you mean by power? These are powered by 5xAAA batteries..

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a similar problem with buzzing when I use the line-out of the d3 connected to my MAD Ear HD2. Just for the record I don't even own a cell phone.

You mean you connected the MAD to the D3 headphone out (output)?

I think you should try to connect it to the line in (input) since you are using the D3 as a DAC only.

HTH

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 21
I never noticed the buzzing when using my headphones, but with my Westone 3s, I can definitely hear the buzzing when the music is off. I have it connected to my PC which has a wireless mouse/keyboard setup, and I can hear the interference match up with my mouse and keyboard. Every I hit a key, scroll the wheel, or move the mouse, the buzzing starts. It becomes very irritating when I play the music on low volumes because the buzzing can be heard in the background.

I'm now considering sending the amp back as a return, but I'm afraid sending it back to china may cost quite a bit (on top of losing the $20 initial shipping cost).

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #14 of 21
Hi,

The D3 I used to have for about a week before I went from a Mustang P-51 to Qables i-Qube, had problems when RF interference.

It must have been the GSM radio networks and a huge number of mobile phones especially on trains and public areas will affect it.

I however do not know if LOD or interconnects can introduce RF to the system, but for sure the D3 is not as well shielded as the P-51 or i-Qube. Anyway the D3 is really value for money and sounds really good for it's class. Not to forget the added DAC function.

Regards.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #15 of 21
i'm thinking it could be a grounding problem between you squeezebox and D3. I say this because when you touch the D3 it goes away. it is possible that the interconnect you are using is eiter very badly shielded, has a directional shield (meaning it should be connected in one direction only) or it doesnt play nice between the 2 devices and is causing a ground loop. hope that helps; doesnt sound like RF to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back