iBasso D2+ Boa, or NuForce uDac-2+iBasso T3/4?
Aug 20, 2010 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ANinjaBurrito

Head-Fier
I have literally been thinking about this all week. It's killing me. I just cannot decide. 

I'm going to be using this for both home and portable use. The cans I have :

Headphones :

Grado SR-80
Audio Technia M50S

IEM's -

Klipsch Image S4's
Marshmallows (My throw-around pair)
MeElectronic M6's (Soon)

If you have something else to suggest, feel free. The DAC has to have a USB option though, as my onboard soundcard is bad. Like... just bad.

Thanks!

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 5
If you can afford the extra money, the iBasso D10 is IMO better than the uDAC2, and likely better than its competition at that price range.  It has a better sounding DAC and you can roll opamps to tune the sound.  If you can't justify moving up to the D10, the uDAC2 is a really good choice.

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Maybe you should have posted this in the portable amp section.

If you game a lot using headphones, I recommend the Ibasso D4 Mamba (better price/performance vs the D2+).

Otherwise, it's either the small ones, like the Ibasso T3, Mini 3, Pa2v2, or Corda XXS; with the Corda XXS being the best out of these (D4 tops it, though).

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I just realized I posted this in the IEM forum :p

If a mod sees this, can you move it over? Thanks.

And about the D10, is the $80 jump worth it?

The D10 has a better sounding DAC than the uDAC2 IMO, and a more "exciting" amp.  The D4 has the same DAC chips as the D10, is slightly cheaper, and is higher voltage, which makes it better for high impedence cans.  It doesn't have the optical and coax inputs though.  If you are never going to use the optical or coax, the D4 may be the best deal.

EDIT:  It appears the D4 has dual DAC chips, which should be better than the D10.  I also noticed in another thread that there is a D12 coming out soon, which adds dual DACs to the D10 and makes the opamps easier to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back