iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Aug 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #3,211 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm understanding correctly...there is a DAC only option according to the OP.

If that's true...it will be a hard choice whether to get a DAC only or DAC/Amp combo. I'm after a different DAC for my H140 in the worst way.

Edit: Hey...those case dimensions are pretty small!

My suggestion is to pick the DAC/amp combo, for the price difference is small and you will have two functions for using in case needed.

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #3,212 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got one of the first D10's and of course it has original parts with day in and day out use with many road trips and bike trips and drops and it still works flawlessly. Hopefully many others will get the same service. I am glad to see they are always looking at little ways to improve, which is true of most manufactures that care about quality.

john, I know you are involved with the development team as an advisor with ibasso, but these jack problems are/were not 'little ways to improve' they replaced the jacks they were using as a response to many people having problems with them. there were even a couple of threads started specifically relating to this problem. and several people who had the problem within a very short time of owning the amp. i'm glad yours is still going strong, but for many people this is not the case. I wouldnt go as far as saying its a common problem, but its certainly not uncommon. kudos to ibasso for being willing to try to fix the problem, in the end it will work out cheaper for them as well.

looking forward to the D10's return; I put off modding it in case they wanted to replace the amp wholesale. I forgot to replace the stock opamps too stupidly, so I hope they realize this. seems the ibasso server is blacklisted by my internet provider and many of my emails get bounced back. keen to get the blackgates in there when they get it back to me, so I guess my warranty will be void anyway ;P

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #3,213 of 4,153
I recieved my D10 earlier this week. So far I will actually say it is a great amp/dac for it's SIZE but not nessearly for its PRICE. But, time will show.

I had hoped it would sound more analog and with a little bit more power.

So over to my question; any need to start changing the opamps or the dummy buffers included in the package??

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #3,214 of 4,153
Change is up to you. I like the stock setup but I also believe it needs a few hundred hours of run time to smooth out and for bass to totally come in. Then maybe I would play with the opamps because you would have a handle on the sound.

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #3,215 of 4,153
Yes, I guess Burn-in will help.The D10 sounds good, don't misunderstand me, but I hope it will improve further....

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #3,216 of 4,153
I agree totally with Jamato! Use your D10 stock for enough hours to allow yourself to become familiar with the native sound as well as to give your device enough time to fully mature.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #3,221 of 4,153
I just ordered mine, guys.
I'm now wondering what setup would be better, and why:

1. Asus Xonar D2X Coaxial >> D10 >> HD595
2. Motherboard USB >> D10 >> HD595
3. Motherboard optical input >> D10 >> HD595

From what I understand, optical is better than USB, but using USB would make the D10 act as a soundcard (and optical would not). That's right?

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #3,222 of 4,153
Optical input and Coax inputs theoretically provide a higher audio quality than USB. Whether you will be able to hear the difference is a question that only you will be able to answer.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #3,223 of 4,153
duplicate

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #3,224 of 4,153
I've been looking at the D10 for a bit of time now and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth my purchase. I posted a thread on the Computer Source forums (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/lo...ceiver-442696/) and it seems like something along the lines of the D10 would be my ideal.

I plan on keeping my HD555's, Phonak PFE's, SR60's, and purchasing a pair of DT880's or K701's to have something I like to think as a pretty well rounded entry level set. Will the D10 pair well with all of these using the DAC/Amp combination? Thanks for your time.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #3,225 of 4,153
I find coax to provide better air and detail when compared to optical and USB.

Reinku: I think other headphones will perform better than K701 with D10, I dont feel the D10 has quite enough drive to get good bass performance out of them.

great little dac though and good value for money too IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back