iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #1,606 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the amp section of the D10 worth the money? I'm asking because i've already got a standalone dac, and to get the voyager would be alot easier where i'm from. Although i wouldnt mind having a portable dac/amp lying around. What is the quality of the amp compared to portable amps costing less? Thanks.

The amp section is one of the best portables around.

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #1,607 of 4,153
Yes the D10 amp section is very good. To me it was just slightly inferior to the RudiStor XJ-03 which is a $499 amp. Haven't been able to compare it directly to anything else.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,609 of 4,153
Got my D10 and am really enjoying it thus far. One question though... I thought it supported 24-bit/96KHz sample rates over USB? When I try to change this in Windows it only lets me go up to 16-bit/48KHz. I have tried to use the ASIO driver but same thing, recognizes the USB device only as 16-bit/48KHz.

Does 24-bit/96KHz only work over optical?

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #1,610 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by x3sphere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my D10 and am really enjoying it thus far. One question though... I thought it supported 24-bit/96KHz sample rates over USB? When I try to change this in Windows it only lets me go up to 16-bit/48KHz. I have tried to use the ASIO driver but same thing, recognizes the USB device only as 16-bit/48KHz.

Does 24-bit/96KHz only work over optical?

generic USB doesnt support 24/96 only devices with a proprietary USB driver will support bitrates that high over USB. the DAC1 being one of them. I dont have my D10 yet, but I would actually think that only the spdif will if its like most devices. portable dacs like the pico only achieve 24/96 by upsampling

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #1,611 of 4,153
I think headphoneaddict earlier in the thread mentioned that 24/96 is only supported on optical and coax. iBasso themselves have only tested it up 24/96 due to source constraint but said thar the actual dac chip is speced to 24/192

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #1,612 of 4,153
Ordered mine on Thurs. Got the DHL shipping notice on Saturday.

Can't wait!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #1,614 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
generic USB doesnt support 24/96 only devices with a proprietary USB driver will support bitrates that high over USB. the DAC1 being one of them. I dont have my D10 yet, but I would actually think that only the spdif will if its like most devices. portable dacs like the pico only achieve 24/96 by upsampling

Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think headphoneaddict earlier in the thread mentioned that 24/96 is only supported on optical and coax. iBasso themselves have only tested it up 24/96 due to source constraint but said thar the actual dac chip is speced to 24/192

Thanks for the info. Too bad it cannot do 24/96 over USB, but to be honest it's not a huge issue, I don't have many 24/96 source files on my computer anyway.

I'm very impressed with how well the D10 drives HD650. Really brings out the airy soundstage. Bass is well defined and controlled. Noticeable improvement over the D2 Boa.

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #1,615 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered mine on Thurs. Got the DHL shipping notice on Saturday.

Can't wait!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

when I saw this post I was a little annoyed LOL. as I hadnt received anything from DHL or any reply to teh email I sent after I ordered. But when I saw your post I thought ..hmmmm... he's ordered on the same day as me, so maybe mine it nearly here as well, regardless of not getting anything from DHL. so I thought about the fact that I had sent the email from ibasso's site and therefor wouldnt be in my known addresses and being from asia there was a chance my junk filter caught it. and sure enough in my email was a short and simpke email from ibasso telling me that my order had shipped and with a tracking number
Picture13.png

its here and cleared, so i'll get it tomorrow yay. now I just need the sysconcept cable to get here and hiflight's care package. man I went a little overboard with the op-amps and browndogs for each one. unsoldered of course.I must say thats pretty quick shipping; if only they were a little more organized with the website they would be pretty much perfect.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #1,616 of 4,153
I received my D10 two days ago. Have been listening through its USB DAC so far. Now I wanted to try out the white optical/digital cable that came with the amp, but I haven't been able to figure out how I can plug it into the optical input on the back plate of the D10. The little hole in this black plastic thing is just not deep enough (only about 0,5-1,0 mm)... Please help.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #1,617 of 4,153
The black plastic thing in the optical input on the amp is a dust cover that you just pull of before plugging the toslink cable in

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #1,619 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when I saw this post I was a little annoyed LOL. as I hadnt received anything from DHL or any reply to teh email I sent after I ordered. But when I saw your post I thought ..hmmmm... he's ordered on the same day as me, so maybe mine it nearly here as well, regardless of not getting anything from DHL. so I thought about the fact that I had sent the email from ibasso's site and therefor wouldnt be in my known addresses and being from asia there was a chance my junk filter caught it. and sure enough in my email was a short and simpke email from ibasso telling me that my order had shipped and with a tracking number
Picture13.png

its here and cleared, so i'll get it tomorrow yay. now I just need the sysconcept cable to get here and hiflight's care package. man I went a little overboard with the op-amps and browndogs for each one. unsoldered of course.I must say thats pretty quick shipping; if only they were a little more organized with the website they would be pretty much perfect.

Yea, all I got was the DHL number from iBasso. I figured that so many people were getting their D10's a few days later, that it wouldn't be too long before mine showed up.

Here's hoping...
-HK sends

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #1,620 of 4,153
what do they give you; a toslink to toslink cable or a mini to toslink cable?? apparently mine is with the delivery courier yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back