iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #346 of 4,153
I tried both Go-Vibe Vulcan and Vulcan VB today. Vulcan VB dac at initial listen really wow me. It's dac sound airer and more 3D with great depth compare to D10 dac I listen yesterday. Vulcan sound dull in comparison and i did not listen more. Vulcan VB is opamp rollable for both amp and dac section. I can't remember which dac chip it using but I know it a CS chip. It power by 4AA batteries.

The amp section sound like SR71a but with less dynamic, extension and depth.

My setup for the test
alac -> h140 -> optical out -> Go-Vibe Vulcan VB -> ACS T1 / Diablo -> ACS T1

Go-Vibe Vulcan VB

Go-Vibe Vulcan

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #348 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jobski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ i thought this was a D10 thread.

It was, these things change.
icon10.gif

Now it's a thread discussing what the topic was.

Steven.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #349 of 4,153
I have listened now to the D10 dac section with several amps. It is dynamic and throws a beautiful contrast between instruments. The speed and drive is startling at times in a good way. I am very impressed. The P-51 and the D10 dac is a great combo and different than the internal amp but the internal amp is also very, very good.

I am also finding the bass to be very well controlled and to be honest, I would not want any more bass as it seems just about right to me.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #350 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jobski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ i thought this was a D10 thread.

sorry... back to topic.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #352 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D10 have enough power to drive higher impedance headphones?

it can drive them to listenable volume but not juice imo...

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #354 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D10 have enough power to drive higher impedance headphones?

It depends upon which opamps you use and what you choose as a buffer.

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #355 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nv88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, let me try again without the typo.

What's the battery life like on the D10?

I get around 20 hours.

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #356 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have listened now to the D10 dac section with several amps. It is dynamic and throws a beautiful contrast between instruments. The speed and drive is startling at times in a good way. I am very impressed. The P-51 and the D10 dac is a great combo and different than the internal amp but the internal amp is also very, very good.

I am also finding the bass to be very well controlled and to be honest, I would not want any more bass as it seems just about right to me.

How do you think the D3 DAC section compares to the D10's?

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #357 of 4,153
Well...here's an oddity. My "missing" D10 in which I was given a unrecognized DHL tracking number 10 days ago has shown up.....via U.S. post
confused.gif

Haven't seen it yet......but my wife opened the box at home and says it looks "really cool" with "extra electronic parts". Hopefully she's refering to the extra opamps, and not the crushed remnants of my D10
regular_smile .gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #358 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried both Go-Vibe Vulcan and Vulcan VB today. Vulcan VB dac at initial listen really wow me. It's dac sound airer and more 3D with great depth compare to D10 dac I listen yesterday. Vulcan sound dull in comparison and i did not listen more. Vulcan VB is opamp rollable for both amp and dac section. I can't remember which dac chip it using but I know it a CS chip. It power by 4AA batteries.

The amp section sound like SR71a but with less dynamic, extension and depth.

My setup for the test
alac -> h140 -> optical out -> Go-Vibe Vulcan VB -> ACS T1 / Diablo -> ACS T1

Go-Vibe Vulcan VB

Go-Vibe Vulcan

Interesting. You should start a thread on it. It is nice to see more combos with optical input. The D10 does change a lot with different opamps and with burn in but then most all of these gadgets do. :^) I wish the Vulcan VB wasn't almost 400 dollars. Seems pricy to me, knowing the cost of assembly and materials in the east but then everything is going up.

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #360 of 4,153
Interesting. In comparison to my Monica II dac (nonoversamply asynchronous reclocking), which is not stock and runs from battery power, is still better but it is not something available but does provide me with a base line. I have compared the dac section of the D10 while using my Woo 6 to the Monica II. The Monica II has more air and space. Having stated this I do find the D10 enjoyable and as a portable just a great deal of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back