iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #331 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow!!!! SD memory is much cheaper than CF too. very cool, I wonder if I can get one for my already CF moded DIYMOD. where can I get one??

I'd like to know this as well since I've seen these adapters too! bump

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #332 of 4,153
Huh, only just found out about this. Interesting.

Now, is the Wolfson DAC in this a 16-bit DAC chip? The old Cirrus DAC in the D1 is a 24-bit DAC capable of up to 192kHz. That could be the one valid advantage of the D1 over the D10. That said, I never heard enough difference to warrant it in a portable.

This could be interesting, though. If the sound is good enough, I might consider trading in my D1 *AND* my Tomahawk in favor of a D10. I only really use the Tomahawk when I mow the lawn anymore, and even if I could get a nice, tiny TOSLINK cable (the Sys.concepts site appears to be down), the D1 is awfully bulky for that. Curious.

Keep us informed, jamato!

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #335 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have anyone tried comparing the DAC to SuperPro and y1? I tried D10 and find the amp section is good but the DAC section does not wow me. Btw, i was feeding it with alac -> h140 -> D10 optical input -> ACS T1 / Diablo -> ACS T1

Weird, because so far the D10 optical is not embarrassed by the Pico DAC yet, and my Pico is better than my SuperPro DAC707.

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #336 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird, because so far the D10 optical is not embarrassed by the Pico DAC yet, and my Pico is better than my SuperPro DAC707.

Does that mean that the DAC also goes through burn-in, and it might degrade with prolonged use? I think it's the "yet" that throws me off.
tongue.gif

Or you haven't tested it enough to make a definitive opinion yet?

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #339 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by senn_liu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anybody has any thoughts about the d10 vs the predator, or even the audio-gd compass? all are dac/amp combos, and the d10 is about the same price as the compass, although they are very different in form factor.

Haven't gotten that far - will comment in my review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgunder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the D10 with some of the harder to drive cans like the HD600, K701 or some of the high ohm Beyers?

Have only tried it with RS-1, D2000 woodied recabled, and Westone 3 so far. Haven;t gotten that far yet since I wont review it till 300 hours or more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean that the DAC also goes through burn-in, and it might degrade with prolonged use? I think it's the "yet" that throws me off.
tongue.gif

Or you haven't tested it enough to make a definitive opinion yet?

Not tested enough to make an opinion yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the D3 DAC compare with that of the D10 in terms of sound quality?

The D10 USB DAC seems to be on the same level of the D3 DAC, and optical seems a little more detailed/better. The USB DAC is definitely better to me than the D1 USB. Only about 75 hours on mine and I am shooting for 300, but it sounds very good so far.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #340 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nv88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the battery life like on the D1?

I get 10-15 hours on a charge but that is not with the stock chips, rather with a chipset I got from hiflight (forgot what they are)

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #341 of 4,153
My D10 has about 145 hours of burn in, using a coaxial feeding it from a Philips DVD player. The sound has continued to evolve, yes it has.

From yesterday till today the biggest change is in the more elegant presentation of the music. Including a bit wider and deep soundstage.

What amazes me is the level of detail that a portable amp/dac is delivering. Be advised that my comments are from an stock D10 being fed via the coaxial input and while connected to the wall wart.

I am impressed enough to have bought an iRiver H120 to use as a source. And believe you me I do not look forward to reading 30 pages of the iRiver manual plus another 160 pages of the RockBox manual.

I believe I will stop burning the D10 next Monday/Tuesday at the 250 hour mark and then work on the final impression.

So far very happy w/ its detailed, clear, and extended presentation. Also the wide and deep soundstage.

One area that at times I wish could be improved is the bass punch. I believe it could use a tad more, perhaps more burn-in or rolling other op-amps will help.

More to come.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #342 of 4,153
Quote:

Maybe the set i'm listening to is just out of box. It a virgin
biggrin.gif
will head back to try after 2 weeks to decide if i'm buying.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #343 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the set i'm listening to is just out of box. It a virgin
biggrin.gif
will head back to try after 2 weeks to decide if i'm buying.

Also, I'm not saying the SuperPro DAC707 is bad, but it is closer to the sound of the original iBasso D1 - and the D10, HR Micro DAC and Pico are all a little better.

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #344 of 4,153
I'm using my D10 as a DAC only at the moment. I was using an audiophile DAC with a sound signature that didn't suit me...and couldn't tolerate consumer equipment for that long. So I just wasn't listening to too much music.

All I can say is I'm REALLY enjoying headphone listening again after plugging the D10 into my rig as a DAC. I'm feeding it over USB(I just have to reach over to the other side of my bed for a SPDIF cable, but oh so lazy...and then I'd have to stop listening). Maybe I'll run it through its paces as a portable amp/dac in a few days once I get some time to set up its companion netbook. Hehe.

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #345 of 4,153
Quote:

Also, I'm not saying the SuperPro DAC707 is bad, but it is closer to the sound of the original iBasso D1 - and the D10, HR Micro DAC and Pico are all a little better.

look like SuperPro DAC 707 is out for me although I can have it for a nice price here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back