iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #1,291 of 4,153
I can't believe this thing isn't in stock yet
frown.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #1,292 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
95% of my D10 review was done with the stock opamps - yes, enjoy it as it is unmodded.

See near the bottom of the second post of the thread: UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Well, I was planning to use it mainly for portable use, looks from the review it will fare better if used as an dac, well probably give this a miss

Mainly because you should see the exchange rate in Singapore here, American dollar has grown strong, probably due to the recession something to do with the monetary policy maybe

Just to clarify if I wish to change the opamp do I have to desolder and solder another opamp onto it? Or I could used something like this Image Gallery
and just insert it with ease and change it whenever I want
Correct me if I've used the wrong technical terms

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #1,293 of 4,153
Could someone please explain why it has a charge on/off switch on the back, since (according to iBasso) it always runs of the battery, even when connected to usb..

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the D10 run off of the battery even when USB is connected. You can just charge the battery when it is low.

Sincerely

iBasso Audio"

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #1,294 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe this thing isn't in stock yet
frown.gif

They ship them as fast as they can produce them it seems, so they don't have a chance to build up a stock. They shipped mine monday or tusday and I ordered Friday 9 days ago. So if you want one, go ahead and order it, and you will probably have it within a week.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #1,295 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by legend24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i was wondering if Im using a ipod touch as source and an IEM, would I be able to enjoy the same type of quality as you guys? *fingers crossed

If you are using an ipod touch as a source, which doesn't have an optical or coax out, your money might be better spent on different, smaller, equivalent-sounding amp.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #1,296 of 4,153
To extend the life of the battery. One should turn off the charge switch to prevent unnecessary charging whenever the computer is running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone please explain why it has a charge on/off switch on the back, since (according to iBasso) it always runs of the battery, even when connected to usb..

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the D10 run off of the battery even when USB is connected. You can just charge the battery when it is low.

Sincerely

iBasso Audio"

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #1,297 of 4,153
Well at least the battery is a standard 3.7 volt Li ion that you can purchase many places.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #1,298 of 4,153
isn't it 4.2v?

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #1,299 of 4,153
I am looking for a USB DAC/Amp for my laptop, which is an Asus Eee 1000he. I don't have an optical out, so it will have to be connected through the USB.

How does the USB input on the D10 compare to the USB input on the Pico and the Predator? If there is only a minute difference, I think I wouldn't mind saving the $200.

Also, what are some good full-sized cans that will work nicely with this amp. I want something with a lot of detail, so I was thinking of buying the ATH-ESW10JPN. Would this be a good choice with this amp?

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #1,300 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a USB DAC/Amp for my laptop, which is an Asus Eee 1000he. I don't have an optical out, so it will have to be connected through the USB.

How does the USB input on the D10 compare to the USB input on the Pico and the Predator? If there is only a minute difference, I think I wouldn't mind saving the $200.

Also, what are some good full-sized cans that will work nicely with this amp. I want something with a lot of detail, so I was thinking of buying the ATH-ESW10JPN. Would this be a good choice with this amp?

Read HeadphoneAddict's review and comparisons on the USB DAC AMP thread, #657.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #1,302 of 4,153
The USB on the D10 is very good. They use a good dac and implementation.

From iBasso:

"Regarding to the battery. Just get the high capacity 3.7V Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. Also, if people do not mind to pay for the shipping cost, they can buy the battery from us."

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the ESW-10s almost exclusively (when I'm not using my 9's
wink.gif
)

Hey, we are hearing the same thing. I guess I don't need to listen, just post how it sounds from time to time. Cool, I have more time for other things. :^)

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #1,304 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those of us who have not yet received our D10's, but want to be prepared...

with an H-140, what is the "center to center" measurement for the optical connections between these two devices?

2.5cm works on both my H120 and H140.

dsc1887a.jpg

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #1,305 of 4,153
Yes, 2.5 works, is the very minimum and just works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back