iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 6, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #1,276 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... So I tried the AD8656 and the LMH6643 in the buffers and I liked the stock setup the best. I haven't tried swapping out the main LR. Anyone have any suggestions for a warmer opamp? I like how the D10 sounds now, but wouldn't mind something a bit warmer.

LTC6241HV + LMH6643. Warm, rich...the LTC6241HV is what Xin considers a "solid tube-Wide voltage". I would agree with the description.

The LTC6241HV is SOIC so you have to solder it onto a browndog, or buy one pre soldered from Hi Flight or someone else to does the soldering.

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #1,277 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LTC6241HV + LMH6643. Warm, rich...the LTC6241HV is what Xin considers a "solid tube-Wide voltage". I would agree with the description.

The LTC6241HV is SOIC so you have to solder it onto a browndog, or buy one pre soldered from Hi Flight or someone else to does the soldering.

How much is that whole setup?

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #1,278 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much is that whole setup?

The two LMH6643 come with the D10, the LTC6241HV cost me $15 from HiFlight shipped us postal (he makes nothing on the sale).

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #1,279 of 4,153
Bought my AD8599 from HiFlight. Might have to email him again for an LTC6241HV just to check it out.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #1,280 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two LMH6643 come with the D10, the LTC6241HV cost me $15 from HiFlight shipped us postal (he makes nothing on the sale).

Pretty easy to put on? And I would not have a problem paying a service charge. Good assistance is worth paying for.

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #1,281 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get your caps?

Keep the ideas coming and the evaluation of the sound, please. I normally modify everything but I get many questions as to the sound and if I modify this I can't give a true opinion of the stock sound and there are many that won't be changing anything besides the opamps.

12h of burn in till now. I didn't notice any obvious change compare to 0h. The caps seems to be quite stablise and was told by the shop that it design as audio caps.

The main different to the default caps,
1. Vocal sound closer
2. Overall sound more energetic and impactful (Slight increase in volume too)
3. Soundstage is more 3D, more height and more depth.
4. The turn on pop is quite soft compare to the stock.

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #1,282 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
emmm I hate to rain on the parade...but since this seems to be a regular gathering place for H120/140 owners...I thought I'd share this:

Mod05.jpg

Mod07.jpg

Yeah, those are "iModded" H140. They sound so good I may actually abandon my PCM1793 DAC......and pours mud into my plan to acquire a D10.

wink.gif

Ok, I have found an area, even with my 120gb hard drive, to place some nice nonpolar Black Gate caps, my favorite, the 47ug HiQ, which I have used directly in the signal path before in experiments and found to be very neutral.

I modified my 140 and somehow wrecked my 120gb drive. I don't know how. Anyway I put a 40gb drive in and the unit sounds good. More detail and bass and the need to let the caps form/burn in. The D10 sounds better but for a small self contained unit the iRiver an the T4 is a nice way to go or the Mustang.

Strange, the 120gb I thought went bad, though I didn't see how it could, works in my third H140, so I left it in that one. :^)

Now I have 2 140's with 120gb drives and one that is modified with better caps on the output. I hear much more detail and separation, but then this isn't about iRivers, is it? Well it's all good.

EFN, you need to try some 47uf HiQ black Gates.

I wonder if the optical in on the iRiver is also a coax in? I have the good ole TORX that are no longer made that are the same size and are optical and coax (mini) for the digital in. I am glad I bought a few before they stopped making them.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #1,283 of 4,153
Quote:

Pretty easy to put on? And I would not have a problem paying a service charge. Good assistance is worth paying for.

Yeah, Hi-Flight does some good work...

Just remember, any SOIC onto browndog...when you put it in the dip socket, use your fingernails to press down, don't press down on the soic chip itself. Sorry if you already knew this/I am being redundant.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #1,284 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, Hi-Flight does some good work...

Just remember, any SOIC onto browndog...when you put it in the dip socket, use your fingernails to press down, don't press down on the soic chip itself. Sorry if you already knew this/I am being redundant.

No, I didn't - it's welcomed. Where exactly do you press then?

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #1,285 of 4,153
Quote:

No, I didn't - it's welcomed. Where exactly do you press then?

You press down on each side by the pins. The idea is not to apply pressure in the middle as you can break the adapter but if you press where the pins are there is no real strain on the middle of the adapter.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #1,286 of 4,153
for those of us who have not yet received our D10's, but want to be prepared...

with an H-140, what is the "center to center" measurement for the optical connections between these two devices?

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #1,287 of 4,153
About 2.8 cm or just over an inch

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #1,289 of 4,153
Hi, guys, I registered recently just to be able to search all the review and find out more about D10
I'm becoming more and more interested to be able to enjoy better quality music therefore chance upon D10

D10 it seems however is catered to the more of a "Modd" community, even thought Iam not a DIY person, but I am really interested to D10 as my first experiment.
So i was wondering if Im using a ipod touch as source and an IEM, would I be able to enjoy the same type of quality as you guys? *fingers crossed

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #1,290 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by legend24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, guys, I registered recently just to be able to search all the review and find out more about D10
I'm becoming more and more interested to be able to enjoy better quality music therefore chance upon D10

D10 it seems however is catered to the more of a "Modd" community, even thought Iam not a DIY person, but I am really interested to D10 as my first experiment.
So i was wondering if Im using a ipod touch as source and an IEM, would I be able to enjoy the same type of quality as you guys? *fingers crossed

95% of my D10 review was done with the stock opamps - yes, enjoy it as it is unmodded.

See near the bottom of the second post of the thread: UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back