iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Aug 20, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #3,166 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I want from my D10:

I want the vocals to be up front and personal with such clarity and detail that it gives me the chills. I would like to have a large sound stage, but I want it to be like I'm standing in front of the band, not in a concert hall. I want that upfront and personal sound, but with a large sound stage, if that's possible. I want that intimate clarity and detail, where I can hear and feel the artist take a breath before a verse. You get the idea.

....I want a girl with a mind like a diamond · I want a girl who knows what's best · I want a girl with shoes that cut and eyes that burn like cigarettes.....

smily_headphones1.gif

To my ears, the AD743 with AD8616 buffers sounded much more like that than the stock configuration.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #3,167 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....I want a girl with a mind like a diamond · I want a girl who knows what's best · I want a girl with shoes that cut and eyes that burn like cigarettes.....

smily_headphones1.gif

To my ears, the AD743 with AD8616 buffers sounded much more like that than the stock configuration.

The rest of the song lyrics: Mustang Forums at StangNet - View Single Post - I want a girl with a mind like a diamond

That's the theme song to TV show Chuck as well, right? Sounds great with my D10 and JH13pro, with AD744OBCA/EL8201.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #3,168 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the theme song to TV show Chuck as well, right? Sounds great with my D10 and JH13pro, with AD744OBCA/EL8201.

Yup. It's one of a couple Cake songs I've used for years as reference tracks when comparing headphones. Sounds great on my D10/RS-1's even with the stock configuration.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #3,169 of 4,153
Alrighty I got my 744 OBCA/8616 hiflight kit (thanks again ron!)

This smokes all of the stock opamps hard. I had a 743 set I had rolled in but it hissed a good bit with the um3x...

What a major upgrade...thanks to all on headfi for all the rolling an impression so those of us late to the game can get some great options.

Must...resist...iem...upgrade....

Hiss is there a touch, but you wouldn't be able to hear it even in quiet passages - its 95% percent less than the 743. My D10 is finished and sounding awesome.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #3,170 of 4,153
Hi guy's
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but anyhow.

This might be a strange question..

I just sold my Project Headbox mkii that I used for my turntable headphone rig. So, now I don't have a headphone amp for my turntable....My combined DAC/AMP has no analog inputs.

I am thinking about buying the D10, to use both as part of a portable rig and in a laptop rig. My question is further on; would it be okey to use D10 as part of a turntable rig? My headphones are easily driven so it should be okey, or?? The D10 got an aux in, so I was thinking about using that.

BTW, my turntable rig is as follows:
Rega Planar 2 - Goldring 1012 GX - Cambridge 640p

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #3,171 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by adiZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guy's
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but anyhow.

This might be a strange question..

I just sold my Project Headbox mkii that I used for my turntable headphone rig. So, now I don't have a headphone amp for my turntable....My combined DAC/AMP has no analog inputs.

I am thinking about buying the D10, to use both as part of a portable rig and in a laptop rig. My question is further on; would it be okey to use D10 as part of a turntable rig? My headphones are easily driven so it should be okey, or?? The D10 got an aux in, so I was thinking about using that.

BTW, my turntable rig is as follows:
Rega Planar 2 - Goldring 1012 GX - Cambridge 640p

You will probably still need a phono cartridge pre-amp. Are you using the 640p as the phono pre-amp?

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #3,173 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by adiZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already have a phono pre-amp (the cambridge 640p), only need a headphone amp.

In that case, I think the D10 would work very well for you, providing many listening options.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #3,174 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

I think hiflight is sending me TLE2142 and LT1358 are my LRs with super dummy buffers

He is also sending me a pair of AAD8616, and possibly the opa2350.

Which one of those configs do you think will most likely suit my description?

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #3,178 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planning to experiment with Amp rolling on my D10.

Where can I buy various types of Opamps? can anyone kindly direct me to a few online stores in the USA/UK/EU?

Thanks.

talk to "hiflight" on the forums here or send him a PM. He is quite knowledgeable on the various opamp setups. He's not an online store, but he'll hook you up with pretty good prices.

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #3,179 of 4,153
Can someone comment on what d10 opamp configuration goes best with the Grado 325i's. Something that simply enhances the grado signature, but does not change it completely. I felt that the d10 stock configuration completely changed the Grado signature of intimacy, clarity, and detail. The sound stage is enhanced greatly, but the vocals seem a bit airy and it gives me that concert hall sound as opposed to the upfront sound.

I used the same stock LR, 45something, and I used it with the dummy buffers. From all the different combinations I discovered that as long as I used the dummies as buffers, the sound is more natural although not intimate enough but close, and the sound stage is somewhat compromised, and I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I just wasn't too impressed. But it's what I've settled on for the time-being, until those opamps arrive from HiFlight.

Like I said before, HiFlight is sending me TLE2142 and LT1358 as my LRs with super dummy buffers, along with an additional pair of 8616's, and an opa2350. So I have some variety to play with. I was curious to know if anyone else has played around with these, and if so, has anyone tried these with the grado 325i's? I am still waiting for my opamps to arrive in the mail. I am waiting in anticipation.

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #3,180 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planning to experiment with Amp rolling on my D10.

Where can I buy various types of Opamps? can anyone kindly direct me to a few online stores in the USA/UK/EU?

Thanks.

When I want to buy opamps to use in L/R or as buffers in my D10, I get them from HiFlight (sometimes tweaked by him for extra performance, such as biased into Class A) and always mounted on adapters (when needed) which fit the D10 sockets (electronically and spatially).

To answer the question as generally as it was asked, though, when I want to buy opamps, I almost always get them from digikey.
DigiKey Corp. | Electronic Components Distributor | United States Home Page
I search their site for the opamp name (such as EL8201), and up comes a page listing all of the specific variants of the EL8201 opamp they sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back