iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
May 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #2,101 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OS-Con work in the digital but I used all Black Gate nonpolar. I replaced all the electrolytics with nonpolar and even bypassed with small value nonpolar HiQ Black Gates. It is a very, very tight fit and you have to look at what can be moved, as the battery can be moved allowing for more room where the larger caps were and the 470uf caps to be replaced need to be shoved forward some. You can mess up the circuit and it all takes a little time and patients.

How do you decide what value of caps. you can replace/bypassed? I am very tempted to try.
tongue_smile.gif

May 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #2,102 of 4,153
May 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #2,104 of 4,153
Hey guys, how often do you recharge your D10s?

I know that Li Ion batteries like to be full as much as possible, but how often do you charge em, and conversely, is it bad to let the battery run down completely (how much do you let the batteries run down)?

May 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #2,105 of 4,153
I probably let it run dpwn 1 out of 4 or 5 goes, the rest of the time I top it off whenever I feel like it; but usually within 10hrs of use I reckon.

May 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #2,106 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, how often do you recharge your D10s?

I know that Li Ion batteries like to be full as much as possible, but how often do you charge em, and conversely, is it bad to let the battery run down completely (how much do you let the batteries run down)?

I have read that it is bad to completely deplete the battery. I just leave the USB plugged in all the time when I don't use it mobile. No problems and the battery is easy to replace.

May 19, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #2,107 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A miniplug (MacBook) to toslink (D10) will be fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

So the regular 3.5mm plug goes into the MacBook optical out? Doesn't that need a mini-toslink thingabob too?

May 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #2,108 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the regular 3.5mm plug goes into the MacBook optical out? Doesn't that need a mini-toslink thingabob too?

I meant a mini toslink to toslink cable.
Macs have a combined line out / optical output (3.5 mm).

May 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #2,109 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read that it is bad to completely deplete the battery. I just leave the USB plugged in all the time when I don't use it mobile. No problems and the battery is easy to replace.

I also understand that to be the case with Li-ion batteries.

However, like qusp, I have had the situation of the battery not having sufficient power to run the D10.

To my mind, though, that wouldn't have depleted (i.e. flattened) it, just made its stored levels of power quite low.

So charging it at that time (not leaving it depleted for a long period of time, as batteries do discharge a little over time even when unused) would have little if any negative impact.

Qusp, Li-ion don't benefit from going to a flat/depleted state like NiMHs (NiMHs can regain their highest level of rechargability generally through regular flattening/depletion but Li-ions are a different approach altogether).

May 19, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #2,110 of 4,153
If I am not wrong, it is dangerous to let your Li-ion batteries dropped below 2.4 V per cell and try to charge it up again. Devices (Cell phones/computers) that uses Li-ion have circuits built in to cut off the devices when the batteries reached a certain voltage level.

If you are not going to use your devices for a long time, the Li-ion batteries should be brought to 40%-60% charged level for storage.

May 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #2,111 of 4,153
Ok I'm about to bite the bullet and order the d10.
I just checked cables for toslink to mini for my macbook pro and will order them as well...
One question though, how is the d10 with an ipod through LOD?? coz although the dac is great with optical in, how is the amp on d10 since ipod will be mostly used for my listening???
I've been trying to find an answer and reading up but seems like everyone is pretty much talking about optical in with their PC or their iriver set up. hardly any comments with ipods and comparisons to other amps like Mustang etc..

May 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #2,112 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question though, how is the d10 with an ipod through LOD?? coz although the dac is great with optical in, how is the amp on d10 since ipod will be mostly used for my listening???
I've been trying to find an answer and reading up but seems like everyone is pretty much talking about optical in with their PC or their iriver set up. hardly any comments with ipods and comparisons to other amps like Mustang etc..

I think the answer you'll get is that the DAC/amp combo is the strength of this unit if you have a deecnt digital source. Aside from that, the amp is very good and can hold it's own with some of the old standards here. Also, you can alter the flavor of sound to your liking by trying different opamps (some even supplied by ibasso).

On a separate note, you folks with the AD743/AD8616 combo...is it still your favorite....any follow-up observations now that you have more time with it?

May 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2,113 of 4,153
right now i am really torned between the d10 and 3move ... the 3move would be more convenient for me, i live in europe so it'll cost less but the d10 isn't so expensive so ...
anyway i wanted to know which one of these is better and would recomand for techno, hip-hop and some chill maybe some classical ... who knows?
smily_headphones1.gif

and could someone who oned both of them describe the soundstage? which one has a better soundstage?
one more thing ... how does the d10 pair with the grado sr325i?
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks in advance
beerchug.gif

May 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #2,114 of 4,153
I haven't heard the D10, but I love the 3MOVE for its Crossfeed which helps tremendously for long listening sessions.

However the Grados love current so the ability to switch opamps on the D10 to feed it high current (220ma per channel would be great) i think will make it better with grado's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back