Ibasso D10 Cobra price too good to be true?
Oct 27, 2010 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Volxstu

New Head-Fier
I saw this on the bay 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-iBasso-D10-Cobra-Stereo-DAC-headphone-amplifier-AMP-/300444774967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f3e77237#ht_2655wt_1141

Is it too good to be true. Im looking at buying a portable amp for my Triple Fi 10's, and dont know... well anything. So are there fake amps out there.

Any help or suggestions on what to get would be a massive help. I would like to output straight from the Ipod touch USB out (do you guys call it low level?)

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 21
isnt that basically the new price direct from ibasso? if you add the shipping from this guy its up to 270, cant see how its a great deal, I would just buy from ibasso, their site says 245 for the D10 and 285 for the D12, but I would go with the D12 if you have the spare coin. but definitely buy from ibasso, you dont save anything getting this ebay one and the ibasso support os good with the shipping very fast. not sure that the D12 is in stock at the moment or not though.

or are you the seller? excuse my suspicion, but with only 3 posts and one being this thread when the new item is the same price, seems a bit odd.if not cool, but dont buy that one

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 21
Haha no im not a seller. I just dont know what the going rate for these are. But i do know that the chinese like to copy anything electrical and in the car audio industry there are many inferior fakes out there.
All i know is what i see when i type the product into google.

Its £265 here 
http://www.audioelevation.co.uk/Cartv3/Details.asp?ProductID=338

And the ebay price is £170 

Thats nearly £100 difference.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 21
all the more reason to buy direct from ibasso.com, and BTW, ibasso is based out of Asia. cheaper from them, better support and faster shipping. sounds like a no brainer to me

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 21
Thanks guys. I rarely use google.com seeing that im in .uk.
Im not used to Manufacturers directly selling products. Infact the exact opposite. A lot of the Audio equipment i buy has to be purchased through a UK distributor for the warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on. Then if you buy outside your hit with customs charges. Hence why we tend to cost more in £ sterling than buying from the USA.
Can somebody confim this isnt the case here. Also that i can order through the .com site pay the $20 postage and have it sent here to the UK without customs charges?

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 21
So basically after customs charges and all of the hassle i would be better off buying from the UK reseller i posted up earlier.

http://www.audioelevation.co.uk/Cartv3/Details.asp?ProductID=338

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #11 of 21
I spose there is nothing stoping me working out the charges that i could incur. 

Whilst i have your attention do you know of anywhere that can simply explain how the DAC works?

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #13 of 21
Thanks yeah it's all the same, why I thought the process was any different, beats me. So I spose what I really would like to know is. If you buy just an amp then you can only input from the 3 1/2 mm jack (post amp).
This method wouldn't be ideal becaus you are trying to amplify a signal that has had the oportunity to pick up unclean signal.

With an amp with built in DAC you can out put from the preamp port (what normally connects to the computer) and send a low level signal to a much higher quality DAC.

So if the above is correct then I need a DAC, but is there a better way of inputing than coverting the low level to a 3 1/2mm Jack.
RCA maybe
I know that somebdy has already said it is difficult to bridge using USB. Is this because to read it you would need Some kind of firmware.
So how does this 3 1/2 mm jack send a digital signal.

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #15 of 21
in short, you cannot use an ipod wit the USB input on D10/12 digital input from the sync connector, sounds like its good you posted here and were aboiut to buy this under the impression it would work this way. you can use the usb input with a laptop or home computer, you can use the optical with some laptops, some portable CD players, the iriver iHP1X0 series, you can use the coax with some laptops and a few other devices, plus most home gear, but you can only use the analogue line in from the ipod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back