iBasso D-Zero
Apr 11, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #196 of 240
Quote:

good to hear that! I think I think I really like the D-Zero and I'm definitely getting one.

they drive my westone 4R & px200 II very well and portable, first you will notice that it's very tiny
eek.gif

didn't regret buying at all

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #197 of 240
My D-Zero arrived today, some first impressions:

What a nice tiny amp! It's so small, it's half the size of my iPod classic!
I have yet to receive my LOD, been connecting it through mini-mini so I will not comment on the sound quality yet, but I can say it's already a significant improvement over the standalone iPod!

Thanks to LammerOutsider for the excellent communication & quick delivery!

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #198 of 240
Quote:
My D-Zero arrived today, some first impressions:

What a nice tiny amp! It's so small, it's half the size of my iPod classic!
I have yet to receive my LOD, been connecting it through mini-mini so I will not comment on the sound quality yet, but I can say it's already a significant improvement over the standalone iPod!

Thanks to LammerOutsider for the excellent communication & quick delivery!

How much power would you say it has? Does it get significantly louder than your iPod classic does on its own?

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #199 of 240
Anyone know if this will work with digital audio out of a Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2? Do all Android phones running Jelly Bean support USB audio out or only certain devices?

Thanks

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #200 of 240
Been using the dzero with my ipod classic for around 2 -3 months now.
Using it with fiio L9 LOD.
I dzero for me isn't bright nor dark so they fall in the neutral category. With my ipod classic rockboxed, i could say its a great improvement to just ipod alone. The dzero helps in widening the soundstage as week as in instrument separation.
It's not a high end amo though but for it's price tag, it's definitely worth it.:)

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #202 of 240
I had a iBasso DZero and found it to be having good soundstage and top end (read non sibilant and clear), but the mids and lows were a bit thin. Works well with the sensitive IEMs with low impedance.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #208 of 240
Problem: Intermittent RF-like interference with USB audio streaming
Equipment: Galaxy Note2 (SGH-I317) connected via USB (OTG cable) to iBasso D-Zero

Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock (not rooted)

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I posted this issue to another thread for Galaxy Note2, but haven't received much in the way of diagnostic help.

First of all, as others have reported, I find the D-Zero quite noisy (distortion) whether plugged into my Note2 via USB OTG cable or standard USB to my laptop, but that isn't the main problem. Read on... 

When streaming music (esp. Pandora), intermittently, loud/annoying static will be introduced for a period which can vary from 5-30+ seconds. Sometimes, it will stop on its own and return to normal. Other times, I have to unplug the USB cable and reconnect. That will usually give me several minutes of clear music, but eventually, the interference/static problem recurs. When I have my headphones on, occasionally, the static jumps from one channel to the other! It reminds me of high-pitched radio interference; but, after much troubleshooting on my part, including Internet research, I have not been able to pinpoint a cause. If I connect the D-Zero to my laptop via standard USB cable, I can listen to streaming audio with no static. Similarly, if I plug my headphones directly into the Note2’s mini-jack, the music streams without incident. I also tried connecting the D-Zero to my wife's Galaxy S3 - no static or other interference problems at all! 

I wrote to iBasso asking if there could be a shielding problem with the USB audio cable, but they believe that the interference is most likely being generated by the phone itself. After my own testing, it seems likely that the Note2 is the culprit, but what could be causing the interference? An app? I have tried shutting down Bluetooth, GPS, Power Saving, Tasker, AVAST, and pretty much every other app that seemed a potential candidate. I have run the phone in Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi and it still happens. One post I read suggested that the pen stylus could be causing electromagnetic interference. Hmmm... I don't think that the problem is being caused by any other devices in my house (e.g., cordless phone, router, Roku), but I can't be certain. I have tried disconnecting everything I can think of; but, thus far, the only antidote I have found is to unplug the USB audio cable and reconnect it. 

I should mention that I have a ZeroLemon battery installed in this Note2, but it seems unlikely that it could be generating RF-like interference and only to the USB audio output stream. 

I am at wits end and would sure would appreciate help from this forum's experts. Any ideas or suggestions as to possible causes? 

Thanks, Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back