iBasso D-Zero
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #187 of 240
Quote:
you have to use apple certified device with non IOS loaded device , ibasso d zero is not an apple certified device

Thanks for reply. I researched a bit and found a few brands that are apple certified and the price is just too much for now (still in college). How would the iBasso D-Zero fare as an amp for the iPod Classic 160GB (7G) + DT 770 PRO 250 ohms? Should I just get the E11 or E07K? My fear is that getting the E07K might not be enough for the 250 ohms while iBasso is said to support headphone with an impedance up to 300 Ohms.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #188 of 240
well put it this way , I am using an ipod touch now for my day to day portable player basis, it is hooked to Fiio E17. With that combo I am getting a sastifying result that is noticeably better then just using it raw.
I am saying this because of how Ibasso D zero are made to compete with Fiio e7, and Fiio E17 is the bigger brother. I suggest you try getting a Fiio E17 since they are reportedly great with those 250 ohm headphones

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #189 of 240
Quote:
well put it this way , I am using an ipod touch now for my day to day portable player basis, it is hooked to Fiio E17. With that combo I am getting a sastifying result that is noticeably better then just using it raw.
I am saying this because of how Ibasso D zero are made to compete with Fiio e7, and Fiio E17 is the bigger brother. I suggest you try getting a Fiio E17 since they are reportedly great with those 250 ohm headphones

Thanks! Will try to audition the E17 and D-Zero in the following week.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #194 of 240
The D-Zero isn't bright in my opinion. Many like to listen to products in the context of a few minutes, with a product not broken-in, and or with a headphone or IEM that simply wasn't a good match and they jump to conclusions.

Only trust to the opinions of thos of us whom actually own and have used the D-Zero over time please. No one else's opinion weighs as heavily.

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #195 of 240
Quote:
The D-Zero isn't bright in my opinion. Many like to listen to products in the context of a few minutes, with a product not broken-in, and or with a headphone or IEM that simply wasn't a good match and they jump to conclusions.

good to hear that! I think I think I really like the D-Zero and I'm definitely getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back