iBasso D-Zero or Fiio E11 with a seperate DAC?
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #16 of 23
That is wierd. I've heard pretty mixed opinions on it as well. When I decide what amp/DAC I'm going to go for next ill snag it off amazon and report back here, or somewhere. If it doesnt offer much of an improvement I'll just send it back :)

I have an E17. I don't think it offers that much of an improvement over my Note 2. It does help with extra volume/headroom if someone needs that. Using my ODAC and either the E17 or C&C BH amp does sound better, but I don't like to carry them around :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #17 of 23
Thanks for the reply guys, I thought this thread was dead :p

The HifimeDIY has the exact same hardware as the StonerAcoustics UD-100, which was reported working with the Galaxy S3,
So they shouldn't have any problems.

And Cel, does your Note 2 happen to be a European or Asian model? Outside of North America, the Note 2 and the S3 
has a DAC with much better performance. If not, do you think investing around a $100 for a better DAC and an amp worth it?

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 23
Thanks for the reply guys, I thought this thread was dead :p

The HifimeDIY has the exact same hardware as the StonerAcoustics UD-100, which was reported working with the Galaxy S3,
So they shouldn't have any problems.

And Cel, does your Note 2 happen to be a European or Asian model? Outside of North America, the Note 2 and the S3 
has a DAC with much better performance. If not, do you think investing around a $100 for a better DAC and an amp worth it?

I have the Tmobile Note 2. But sure about that? I know that the S3 was confirmed to use different DACs in different variants. But when I researched the Note 2 about six months ago on XDA, it seems that no one could make up their about the Note 2 having different DACs.

The reason I say this, too, is that people get S3/Note 2 (and now S4) stuff all mixed up sometimes, so depending on where you get your information, might not be accurate. But if the gurus over at XDA say so now, I'll believe it :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 23
Just got an E11 a week ago.  Love it.  Anything I do in the future will include the E11.  Don't care about the rest.  Great is great, and I am cool with great.  Super ultra unbelievable fantastic is nice - I wouldn't know, but I'm good with 'great'.

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
I have the Tmobile Note 2. But sure about that? I know that the S3 was confirmed to use different DACs in different variants. But when I researched the Note 2 about six months ago on XDA, it seems that no one could make up their about the Note 2 having different DACs.

The reason I say this, too, is that people get S3/Note 2 (and now S4) stuff all mixed up sometimes, so depending on where you get your information, might not be accurate. But if the gurus over at XDA say so now, I'll believe it
smily_headphones1.gif

I heard the type of USB that connects to the device determines whether it will work or not, and I am pretty positive that wit will work,
but it never hurts to double check! Thanks for your input.

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #21 of 23
I heard the type of USB that connects to the device determines whether it will work or not, and I am pretty positive that wit will work,
but it never hurts to double check! Thanks for your input.

Yeah. I also heard Note 2 and S3 are generally the regarding what will work with USB audio out. I'll cross my fingers for you :)

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back