IBasso Audio IT03
Mar 11, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #3,167 of 3,344
Spiral Dots would likely be a good pairing for these.

Oddly enough, KZ's Starline tips are REALLY good on 'em.

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #3,169 of 3,344
Tried stock and SpinFit but only the Spiral Dots is good for me for IT03, besides of the SQ it feels ciem of all of my iem.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #3,170 of 3,344
I have tried many tips with it03 and here are the results- 1. spinfits- little thin and bright 2. spiral dots-good sound but the imaging is little diffused. 3. Ibasso tips- good overall sound 4. aliexpress foam tips- best sound and imaging. The foam tips were little long so I cut the bottom portion to match the lip of the iem. The sub-bass is low compared to other tips and treble energy is low and smooth. The tips were suggested by Hifichris, not for this particular iem though. So thank you for that.

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #3,171 of 3,344
I have tried many tips with it03 and here are the results- 1. spinfits- little thin and bright 2. spiral dots-good sound but the imaging is little diffused. 3. Ibasso tips- good overall sound 4. aliexpress foam tips- best sound and imaging. The foam tips were little long so I cut the bottom portion to match the lip of the iem. The sub-bass is low compared to other tips and treble energy is low and smooth. The tips were suggested by Hifichris, not for this particular iem though. So thank you for that.

I kinda like Spinfit initially, especially when it pairs with my Espresso Monk MMCX cable. Spiral Dot made it felt like its quite mashed up and really messy. ibasso tips felt average to me. I guessed only the Accoustune treble tips (AET-07) were the best fit for me.

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #3,172 of 3,344
That's both the good and bad thing about UIEMs. On one hand, you can almost customize the sound by trying out an array of tips, on the other hand you might end up buying a whole grocery bag of them just to find a set you like.

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #3,175 of 3,344
i also vouch for kz starline tips for it03. got better seal with them compared to stock tips. liked spiral dots as well.
but, as starline tips inner tube is long, i push them to the limit, leaving less than 1mm lip over the nozzle mesh. highs shine this way.

The cool part of the starline is also that the crazy deep insertion makes them feel like customs. They're practically flush to my ears.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #3,176 of 3,344
I need to try kz tips then. But one thing with the deep insertion is it blocks the inner port and hence elevates the sub bass too much. That is why I always keep little distance between the concha and iem to reduce the sub bass.

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,177 of 3,344
Something is funny with the IT03 cable.

I've been having issues with the IT03 being detected as an aux device in my LG v30, something that none of my other headphones (including hybrids) do. I thought it was an IT03 quirk and didn't think much of it.

Well, I stuck the cable on my Pinnacle P1, and not only did it initially give me the aux error, but after I gave it some fiddling it did something else new: showed up as a high-impedance device.

That's what the P1 should do, but until now it never did. I dunno what's going on, but I ain't unhappy.

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,178 of 3,344
I was swapping cables on my it03 and it seems when i was attaching the new cable the iem connector has been pushed down into the actual shell :frowning2: RIP.

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #3,179 of 3,344
I was swapping cables on my it03 and it seems when i was attaching the new cable the iem connector has been pushed down into the actual shell :frowning2: RIP.

That seems to be a worryingly common issue. It happened to me and I've gotten PMs about it. It seems the glue that holds them together is really weak.

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #3,180 of 3,344
That seems to be a worryingly common issue. It happened to me and I've gotten PMs about it. It seems the glue that holds them together is really weak.

Yeah quite possibly. @Paul - iBasso should I contact you or the store I purchased them from? I've had them less than a year.

20180326_120544.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back