IBasso Audio IT03
Mar 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,176 of 3,344
I agree. I can almost fix it by shifting the sound to the right on the fiio x1 but it still doesn't sound just quite right. The soundstage is wider on the left side (everything seems wider on that side). It is what it is I guess. I hope it can be fixed. I've tried to trick my brain into thinking it isn't there and it's made up but when I sit back and try to simply enjoy music rather than analyze it it drives me a little crazy.

to be honest i am staring to loose joy using iems, as usually the fit is always an issue with tips

I think I will rely more on headphones from now on

in my experience with some iems imbalance is a common issue which can also be due to imperfect seal due to ear canal shape

for me i had a huge issue with 64audio u12 , and sony xba z5 where it drove me nuts the imbalance in them and i relay it on imperfect seal more than anything

the one that i never had issues with are ie800  empire ears zeus and ref1

i am not sending in my iem or going to worry about it as to me it seems some iems do that imabalance and i refer it more to my ear anatomy

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,177 of 3,344
When did you get the IT03 and how long have you burned them in? I will tell you that When I first got them, I felt the same thing...achannel imbalance skewed to one side. But after burning them in that went away. Now all is perfect. And I mean burning them in like 50-75 hours. Somewhere in the 12-30 hour range is where I heard that the most.
Anybody hear channel imbalances on their IT03?

I think somebody else mentioned that earlier too.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #2,180 of 3,344
Did any of you order through Ibasso directly? I placed my order Thursday morning and paid via paypal (received my paypal receipt), but haven't received any update since, not even an email acknowledging my order.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #2,181 of 3,344
Did any of you order through Ibasso directly? I placed my order Thursday morning and paid via paypal (received my paypal receipt), but haven't received any update since, not even an email acknowledging my order.

express'd it? Strangely enough I received mine just 5 minutes ago. 2.5 days from hk to Canada.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,183 of 3,344
Yea, express from HK to Melbourne. Did you get an order confirmation email or did they just show up?

few hours after my order, received confirmation but within a day received a tracking from dhl. easy peesy process from my experience...

did you email them?

anyhow, too early to give impressions. gonna play with tips, and I'm RELIEVED to say initial fit is good...let's see how comfy it gets in a bit.

edit 1: we, wow. nice subbass rumble!

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #2,185 of 3,344

the highs are pleasant. seal is nicely pleasant.tip and nozzle placement can either put bass forward or let it sit with the mix. It's nice to have options.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #2,186 of 3,344
Same thing happened to me, no info at all. Emailed several times and no reply. Sent one more email in the form of a complaint, as it had been over a week. Turns out there had been a typhoon close to Hong Kong and no flights had left for a few days so everything was backed up and late. Would have been nice to be notified of the delay. I'm sure you will get them soon and love them as much as I do. I was thinking about getting the Andromedas next, not sure now after reading some of these posts, I'm new to all this and already gone from a dx50 up to the dx200(wow) think I'll wait for the it04!!! Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too much longer

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #2,187 of 3,344
Yes, exactly the same here. I ordered on Friday and still no acknowledgement or any form of communication from Ibasso (ordered direct from website). I did get an error when exiting Paypal so I assumed i had a technical glitch and emailed them via their site on Saturday and last night i set a PM to Paul but nothing so far. Given their reputation here for great service I'm not particularly concerned but it would be nice to know there isnt an issue.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,188 of 3,344
Any advice on cleaning the earwax guards? Due to the insertion depth and the length of the nozzles mine are already pretty clogged.

I to have the earwax problem, any advice appreciated.

Thank You!

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,189 of 3,344
Any advice on cleaning the earwax guards? Due to the insertion depth and the length of the nozzles mine are already pretty clogged.

I to have the earwax problem, any advice appreciated.

Thank You!

Dip the nozzles in a very shallow bath of Hydrogen Peroxide 5-10%, just enough to cover the filter and no more is one method I've seen mentioned. It takes a few hours while it bubbles away but it does work. There is an obvious risk with this method though, be careful if you do decide to clean them this way. 

Its far better to clean the problem at source though if you can.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #2,190 of 3,344
Thanks STEVE

That sounds an extreme way to clean them, I do clean my ears :)

Does anyone know of a powerful small hoover, that possibly would work?

Dip the nozzles in a very shallow bath of Hydrogen Peroxide 5-10%, just enough to cover the filter and no more is one method I've seen mentioned. It takes a few hours while it bubbles away but it does work. There is an obvious risk with this method though, be careful if you do decide to clean them this way. 

Its far better to clean the problem at source though if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back