IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 2, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #541 of 3,344
hi guys, i know that audio123 already answer my question few pages back. but still before i jump to this train, can anyone compare this to aurisonics harmony? is it have the same soundsig? do they stay at the same league or just sidegrade or even downgrade from harmony? thx.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #542 of 3,344

It depends upon what tips you use that came with the IT03 as to whether the mids are lean or not. I find that a snugger fit tip warms up the mids and they are fuller. For me that would be a medium tip. With that I get full mids slightly warmer mids and treble and in general, a very coherent full sound. I like using the small tips though as it is more airy and having listened to a lot of live music, more to my liking but tips have a huge influence on sound. The nice thing I have found with the IT03 is that they are able to move around the sound board with different tips and when correct for me, offer great sound. I have tried other brands but have gone back to the tips that came with the IT03 as they seem to work the best for any of my needs and were designed for the IT03. 

I see, that's great to know! If the right fit/tips could warm up the IT03's mids I could see it having a very nice coherent sound.

+1 I had exactly the same experience with  tips as jamato8 - different tips offer a wonderfully versatile degree of different sounds

Im going to follow my initial review [with 150 hours] after 350 hours of burn in as they seem to improving at each listen - I just did a quick A/B from a neutral sounding source with some 5xdriver IEMs and was very surprised to discover it was not easy to distinguish the 2 sounds o_0
I have a feeling these easphones may continue to improve with more burn in. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #543 of 3,344
After more listening the only real con I have about them is they can be a little shouty at times. The upper mids are just a smidgen more pronounced than I like. If I pull 4khz down 2-3db they sound a fair amount better. No option to adjust 5khz directly, which is where I think the peak is.

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #545 of 3,344
150 hours! Found the right tips (Stock short, large bore).

Game on.

5c1974110f3cc3841a42e5ddcd6d28b3.jpg

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #549 of 3,344
I give myself around two weeks from now to do a decent job on the review ...(in-between family and work life etc..)

It was a bit shouty or peaky 5-7khz before burn in.

Highs seem smoother now and the bass has tightened up over the 150 hours to name a few points.

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #550 of 3,344
I give myself around two weeks from now to do a decent job on the review ...(in-between family and work life etc..)

It was a bit shouty or peaky 5-7khz before burn in.

Highs seem smoother now and the bass has tightened up over the 150 hours to name a few points.

Just run them nonstop for burn in?

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #551 of 3,344
Oct 2, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #552 of 3,344
For those interested, my review is up: https://twister6.com/2016/10/02/ibasso-it03/ and coming soon to Head-fi.

Thanks for your impressions once again. Mine are fairly similar to yours. Main difference is with regards to soundstage and imaging. I always take your reviews and findings seriously, and now I feel obliged to give the IT03 yet another go.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #553 of 3,344

For those interested, my review is up: https://twister6.com/2016/10/02/ibasso-it03/ and coming soon to Head-fi.

Thanks for your impressions once again. Mine are fairly similar to yours. Main difference is with regards to soundstage and imaging. I always take your reviews and findings seriously, and now I feel obliged to give the IT03 yet another go.

I learned a very valuable lesson after my review of Harmony 8.2 which I have in CIEM and then comparing it to universal version from a review tour - ear anatomy and the selection of eartips (longer/shorter in universal) or the nozzle length (when dealing with custom) plays a big role in soundstage width due to a distance a sound travels between your eardrum and iem drivers.  So, soundstage discrepancy is very possible
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back