IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #471 of 3,344
  Are you guys using it with ZX2 with TRRS cables or just TRS? If the pairing is good with the zx2 I might grab a pair as well. :)

I use it with TRS right now. Very rich harmonics and a slightly warm sound. The sound is in front of of me and to the sides in front also, if that makes sense. In other words, not panned hard right and left more more coherent. Listening to Neil Young, Dreamin' Man Live '92. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #472 of 3,344
I heard the synergy between the ZX2 and andromeda was amazing. Was gonna buy one until I read this is an iem is equal to the andromeda with different tuning for 1/4 the price ><

I think the synergy of the IT03 with the ZX2 is better than the Andromeda and the ZX2 IMO, but I don't think the It03 is equal to the Andromeda in terms of overall SQ. The Andromeda is one of the best IEMs i've heard with the right source. The IT03 is very good so far, but different from the Andromeda and that is not a bad thing. I might also be a bit biased because the Andromeda fits my taste perfectly, and it still wows me. I am impressed with the IT03 so far though, and I can't believe the price.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #473 of 3,344
hi, lurking this thread for a while..
any chance to get some comparisons with flc8s before jump to the train? especially about bass quantity since i am sensitive to bloated midbass which giving me headaches. using flc8s with red grey gunmetal just fine for me. thanks in advance..

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #474 of 3,344
Very early first impressions using my new acoustic research m20. Mainly playing jazz at low to moderate volumes. I am coming right from the Andromeda.

Audio123 got a lot of flack in this thread for hyping the IT03. Imo, he was right on the money. To my ears these do sound like an Andromeda with a bit more subbass emphasis. Maybe a bit more mid bass too. Absolutely stellar iems for the price I paid.

Thanks audio123, really appreciate the tip. Maybe I will see some difference with burn in and changing the cable, but even if not I am totally happy with what I hear now.

audio123 has a good ear for gear. The comments were mostly to provide more commentary / justification for why he thought they were better. I think that's reasonable, and it seems like he's been working toward that with his later posts.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #477 of 3,344
Very early first impressions using my new acoustic research m20. Mainly playing jazz at low to moderate volumes. I am coming right from the Andromeda.

Audio123 got a lot of flack in this thread for hyping the IT03. Imo, he was right on the money. To my ears these do sound like an Andromeda with a bit more subbass emphasis. Maybe a bit more mid bass too. Absolutely stellar iems for the price I paid.

Thanks audio123, really appreciate the tip. Maybe I will see some difference with burn in and changing the cable, but even if not I am totally happy with what I hear now.
no problem. Glad to see someone appreciate it. Basically there is no hype train for the it03 as it is totl ish good. For those who are thinking whether to get the it03, it is a no brainer.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #478 of 3,344
being at the same price point and following same concept how do they compare against the Oriveti Primacy?
it03 is in another league compared to the oriveti. It makes the oriveti bass sounds loose coupled with poor extension and grainy treble.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #479 of 3,344
audio123 has a good ear for gear. The comments were mostly to provide more commentary / justification for why he thought they were better. I think that's reasonable, and it seems like he's been working toward that with his later posts.
thank you for your comment. Thats because I have the opportunity to try almost every iems. Iems like lza2s, xe800, bk50 and the recent **** 4 in 1 etc are just pure hyped tho and very mediocre sounding. Dont understand how they r labelled as good. For the case of it03, it is serious business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back