IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #451 of 3,344

The majority of bluetooth earphones are terrible at least to the standards of this forum. The only decent sounding one retails at around $100. There is still room for improvement (technology wise) however I would like to test out where the earphones already sound good wired. The mmcx bluetooth cables are recent so should be a good idea to see how good they can sound. 

I'm also thinking of getting the IT03 to use on the go / exercise with a Westone bluetooth cable.

You should check Twisters recent review of the cable, it looks promising. In his review he says he finds APTX connection to his phone produces better results than wired to phone.

I have also found similar results with my Elecom APTX Bluetooth dongle and One Plus X phone. I know it seems weird but the sound is actually more crisp/clean, better focussed and with less distortion at higher volumes (although it does have a 200mW amp incorporated). 

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #452 of 3,344
Anyone have the Noble Savant UIEM and this IT03, any comparisons would be appreciated!

I've auditioned those two IEMs recently and here are my quick thoughts using Cayin N6 as a source:
Presentation: IT03 more forward (2nd row) while the Savant a bit more distant (3rd or 4th row)
Lows: IT03's extend lower than the Savant. More apparent sub-bass rumble (more quantity?)
Mids: both have smooth mids. IT03 sounds more liquid to my ears but most probably due to the more forward presentation. Both have very good mids
Highs: Savants have more body in the trebles but never harsh. IT03s sounds more light and faster/more effortless release of the sparkles

Key points of these two from my personal opinion.

IT03: just an enjoyable IEMs to listen to. While forward in presentation, these have a relaxed style to it which makes long listening very achievable.

Savant: Much more apparent balanced presentation due to a bit more distant imaging than the IT03. Apart from the sub-bass, I believe that the Savants are more "technical". I can hear better separation and controls of each notes amazes me.

Again, YMMV

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #453 of 3,344
I have found that with many hours now on the IT03, they have some of the most out of the head sound of any of the IEM's I have. They also project the sound in front of me, rather than around and behind my head. Good layering and imaging and depth but this all takes a little time to settle in. I have tried various cables but some back to the stock cables and small ear tips. I had my wife try them, as I was curious how they would fit, since she has much smaller ears and to my surprise they fit her fine. I asked if they were comfortable and her reply was, yes they fit in my ear and are hardly notice them, she also liked the sound but since she doesn't use headphones or IEM's, it won't require buying her a set. :^) Though if she wanted some I would. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #454 of 3,344
Can anybody from the UK comment on whether they have been charged any import taxes when ordering from Penon with express delivery? I'm looking to get the IT03's and I'm debating either AE and wait a month with no additional charge, or get them quicker from Penon express and risk paying even more. Thanks in advance

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #455 of 3,344
Can anybody from the UK comment on whether they have been charged any import taxes when ordering from Penon with express delivery? I'm looking to get the IT03's and I'm debating either AE and wait a month with no additional charge, or get them quicker from Penon express and risk paying even more. Thanks in advance

I cannot comment on express shipping from Penon, but from a good number of private orders and some review samples I got from them, I can say that the standard shipping is usually really quick and below two weeks.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #456 of 3,344
I cannot comment on express shipping from Penon, but from a good number of private orders and some review samples I got from them, I can say that the standard shipping is usually really quick and below two weeks.
Thanks HiFiChris, good news, as this saves paying for express already, and if you haven't been stung with anything additional......
My Penon cherry is about to be popped :)

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #457 of 3,344

Express delivery with Penon is usually DHL, and DHL collects VAT and custom tax before delivery which allows for very fast delivery (2-5 days).
Standard delivery gives you a chance to escape taxes but delays can vary immensely depending on the destination.
UK delivery is not the fastest, unless it has changed recently (2-3 weeks).

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #458 of 3,344

Notice that Chinese have a week off from today for a National Day.

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #460 of 3,344
I've been using the Effect Audio Ares cable, and I think I prefer it to the stock cable depending on source. With warmer sources like the Plenue S and Mojo, it was a bit too much. With the LPG I think its perfect and an upgrade over the stock.

Sep 30, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #461 of 3,344
Very early first impressions using my new acoustic research m20. Mainly playing jazz at low to moderate volumes. I am coming right from the Andromeda.

Audio123 got a lot of flack in this thread for hyping the IT03. Imo, he was right on the money. To my ears these do sound like an Andromeda with a bit more subbass emphasis. Maybe a bit more mid bass too. Absolutely stellar iems for the price I paid.

Thanks audio123, really appreciate the tip. Maybe I will see some difference with burn in and changing the cable, but even if not I am totally happy with what I hear now.

Sep 30, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #462 of 3,344
Ibasso is going to sell a schiit load of these, and put themselves firmly on the iem landscape.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #463 of 3,344
I've been listening to my pair for a couple days as well... have no idea how many hours are on it yet, but it's not that many. I burn stuff in by just listening! 
biggrin.gif
  Anyway, I really am enjoying this IEM too. The amount of sound quality-to-dollar is crazy. I am for one highly thankful that at least one manufacturer is doing/has done something to reverse the crazy trend of continually raising the kilobuck+ flagship pricing. I think they're going to sell a boat load of these too. 

For tips, I've settled with the Penon Audio red core silicone ones. Comfort/isolation is perhaps the best I've ever experienced in a universal monitor. And the sound.... well, for the most part I find it exactly as the other glowing comments it's getting. But I do feel there's a bit of bite in the lower treble area. Nothing terrible, but it's there sometimes. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #464 of 3,344
I've been listening to my pair for a couple days as well... have no idea how many hours are on it yet, but it's not that many. I burn stuff in by just listening! :D   Anyway, I really am enjoying this IEM too. The amount of sound quality-to-dollar is crazy. I am for one highly thankful that at least one manufacturer is doing/has done something to reverse the crazy trend of continually raiding the kilobuck+ flagship pricing. I think they're going to sell a boat load of these too. 

For tips, I've settled with the Penon Audio red core silicone ones. Comfort/isolation is perhaps the best I've ever experienced in a universal monitor. And the sound.... well, for the most part I find it exactly as the other glowing comments it's getting. But I do feel there's a bit of bite in the lower treble area. Nothing terrible, but it's there sometimes. 

Are you using the ZX2 with them? I'll try the Grey/Red Penon tips now.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #465 of 3,344
Yep, sure am using it with the ZX2.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back