IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 15, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2,821 of 3,344
I will just say what I felt in brief a/b today between the two.

Hiss level: no comparisons.. Andromeda hisses way more.

Soundstage: Andromeda felt more speaker like = better forward projection, focus, depth, air between instruments etc. by about 5-10% :)

Detail retrieval: little more pronounced with Andromeda but IT03 is very close. (2 to 5% I felt)

airiness: somewhat tie. mids are slightly cleaner sounding with IT03, richer sounding with Andro.

Speed: Don't remember. They are both phase coherent sounding to me.

Timbre: Both TOTL level here. IT03 is really good for BA. I still need more time to gauge this.

Andro's Litz Cable on IT03: pretty sweet!

Haven't seem this comparison with Andromeda. Very enlightening. They seem to be really close. Isn't Andromeda that several users prefer over InEar ProPhile 8?

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #2,822 of 3,344
Haven't seem this comparison with Andromeda. Very enlightening. They seem to be really close. Isn't Andromeda that several users prefer over InEar ProPhile 8?
This just shows us how we all hear differently, recently bought the Andromeda and have had the IT03s for nearly a year. I've said before, is the Andromeda 5 times better given that it is 5 times the price?
I didn't think so, but now I have the Andromeda I'm not so sure. I love the 03s, but the Andromeda are simply in another league. I've been using both with balanced cables out of the DX200 and zero hiss.
I was able to try the Andromeda at the London CanJam this year thanks to @third_eye and within 5 minutes had made up my mind to make the purchase.
Two great products, love em both. :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,823 of 3,344
This just shows us how we all hear differently, recently bought the Andromeda and have had the IT03s for nearly a year. I've said before, is the Andromeda 5 times better given that it is 5 times the price?
I didn't think so, but now I have the Andromeda I'm not so sure. I love the 03s, but the Andromeda are simply in another league. I've been using both with balanced cables out of the DX200 and zero hiss.
I was able to try the Andromeda at the London CanJam this year thanks to @third_eye and within 5 minutes had made up my mind to make the purchase.
Two great products, love em both. :)
Yes, that's what makes decisions more difficult sometimes. Those are 2 very contradictory posts :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #2,826 of 3,344
Was listening to some Deep Forest Projects with the IT03 to say goodbye and was greatly impressed with spacial cueing once again. There's a fantastic and immersive combination between soundstage, imaging, separation and spacial cues. It's this cohesion, realism and aliveness, even tuning, that made me fall in love by the IT03 right away. And here I am in love again and saying goodbye... But it's what this hobby is all about.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,827 of 3,344
For the comparison to anything, I would adjust the tips on the IT03 to get the best sound and the fit. I find that with them pushed so the nozzle tip is almost flush and a firm but not too tight tip gives excellent sound. A wide and deep soundstage, strong but natural bass and wonderful mids. I have compared to my custom JH13Pro freq phase and they are right there with a little better bass response, articulation from the IT03. I use the CB13 most of the time and I think compared to some very expensive cables it is just as good with no microphonic and the cable doesn't tangle at all.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,828 of 3,344
For the comparison to anything, I would adjust the tips on the IT03 to get the best sound and the fit. I find that with them pushed so the nozzle tip is almost flush and a firm but not too tight tip gives excellent sound. A wide and deep soundstage, strong but natural bass and wonderful mids. I have compared to my custom JH13Pro freq phase and they are right there with a little better bass response, articulation from the IT03. I use the CB13 most of the time and I think compared to some very expensive cables it is just as good with no microphonic and the cable doesn't tangle at all.
Totally agree, that's exactly how I have the tips on my 03s. I've tried other tips, but always come back to the Ibasso stock tips and I also prefer the Ibasso tips for the Andromeda as well. Feels like even the Ibasso tips have an Ibasso sound, love em

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,832 of 3,344
IMG_7266.PNG
This is one of the Ibasso tips that came with the IT03

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2,833 of 3,344
Anyone hear any news on the IT04? October, maybe? Please? Pretty Please?

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2,834 of 3,344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back