IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #2,446 of 3,344
34135400072_34a09eb74e_z.jpg
just arrived last night... enjoying it thoroughly, the sound, the fit...one happy family reunion...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,447 of 3,344
As I have the iBasso DX80 and love it, I went ahead and purchased the IT03. Last week I had received the IT03 and been using it for 3 days. So far I like the comfort even though I cannot get the whole earphone to sit on my ear concha as it is too big.

I was despised with the memory hook which reminded me of ATH-IM70's and was about to peel it out. However I find the memory wire was better than I expected - it is sturdy and it basically keeps holding the supple cable down without pulling the earphones out. So I let the memory hook hover over my ears. The cable is WAY suppler than my Westone W4 which I have for 4 years and now they are as stiff as a wire. But the cable is darn too short and I am 5'6 ft or 167 cm.

Furthermore I liked the sound out from the box - big slam on bass, noticeable separation, and crispy treble - but after I gave it a burn-in for 30 hours I find the bass became lesser and it loses its separation. Treble became more prominent though but not on the tizzy side. I stopped burn-in the earphone though it'll lose the bass I loved. I wonder if you guys experienced in reduction in bass like I did. Note that I burned it with Hiroyuki Oda's Thirty album on repeat at 50% volume from my charged iTouch 4th gen.

My main gripe was that the isolation is sub-par. I cannot use these when driving. I can hear a noise as I type my comment here. I found the bass was nearly inaudible when I went outside. The poor isolation is as close as the vented JVC FX750.

I also agree with fellow head-fier that the IT03 is tip-dependant. I liked the stock tips that attached to the IT03 as I opened the box. But I found the isolation was sub-par with them and of course, I tried the spin-fits and they did not work for me - it makes the IT03 more sibilant. This time I will try with Dunu DN-2000 clear stock tips which I requested Dunu a year back and I hope the Dunu's tips will keep good seal and of course, bass.

Speaking of hybrids I have the LZ-A4, Dunu DN-2000, XBA-A3, 1More triples, and this IT03. My heart still goes on the Dunu DN-2000 primarily because of its isolation. I cannot comment on the LZ-A4 as it is customizable-tuning-hybrids and too good to be compared (and I love the supple cable) so they are not fair to be compared with.

So far my impression drops from 5 stars to 3 stars due to sub-par isolation, short cable, and the tip-dependent sound quality. I will update my impression by next month or three and compare with this one. Edit: take my comment with a grain of salt - and of course these are subjective.

Sam - April 26th 2017.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,448 of 3,344
As I have the iBasso DX80 and love it, I went ahead and purchased the IT03. Last week I had received the IT03 and been using it for 3 days. So far I like the comfort even though I cannot get the whole earphone to sit on my ear concha as it is too big.

I was despised with the memory hook which reminded me of ATH-IM70's and was about to peel it out. However I find the memory wire was better than I expected - it is sturdy and it basically keeps holding the supple cable down without pulling the earphones out. So I let the memory hook hover over my ears. The cable is WAY suppler than my Westone W4 which I have for 4 years and now they are as stiff as a wire. But the cable is darn too short and I am 5'6 ft or 167 cm.

Furthermore I liked the sound out from the box - big slam on bass, noticeable separation, and crispy treble - but after I gave it a burn-in for 30 hours I find the bass became lesser and it loses its separation. Treble became more prominent though but not on the tizzy side. I stopped burn-in the earphone though it'll lose the bass I loved. I wonder if you guys experienced in reduction in bass like I did. Note that I burned it with Hiroyuki Oda's Thirty album on repeat at 50% volume from my charged iTouch 4th gen.

My main gripe was that the isolation is sub-par. I cannot use these when driving. I can hear a noise as I type my comment here. I found the bass was nearly inaudible when I went outside. The poor isolation is as close as the vented JVC FX750.

I also agree with fellow head-fier that the IT03 is tip-dependant. I liked the stock tips that attached to the IT03 as I opened the box. But I found the isolation was sub-par with them and of course, I tried the spin-fits and they did not work for me - it makes the IT03 more sibilant. This time I will try with Dunu DN-2000 clear stock tips which I requested Dunu a year back and I hope the Dunu's tips will keep good seal and of course, bass.

Speaking of hybrids I have the LZ-A4, Dunu DN-2000, XBA-A3, 1More triples, and this IT03. My heart still goes on the Dunu DN-2000 primarily because of its isolation. I cannot comment on the LZ-A4 as it is customizable-tuning-hybrids and too good to be compared (and I love the supple cable) so they are not fair to be compared with.

So far my impression drops from 5 stars to 3 stars due to sub-par isolation, short cable, and the tip-dependent sound quality. I will update my impression by next month or three and compare with this one. Edit: take my comment with a grain of salt - and of course these are subjective.

Sam - April 26th 2017.
You need to try diferent tips for get more isolation..

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,453 of 3,344
While burning in I didn't notice much difference until 125 hours and then, to me the difference was night and day. Definitely not a gradual process, it was like flicking a switch. Great sound, can't wait for the 04s

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #2,454 of 3,344
While burning in I didn't notice much difference until 125 hours and then, to me the difference was night and day. Definitely not a gradual process, it was like flicking a switch. Great sound, can't wait for the 04s

Been waiting for the new one too. Let's hope they still remain reasonably priced.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,456 of 3,344
CB12 now up on iBasso site, $89.

Also, CB13 -- $199.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,459 of 3,344
Agreed, but once I started using the CB12, I can't go back to using the stock cable and on another note, if you wondered how to get the IT03s in the really small leather pouch that came with them, use the CB12 and they are much easier to fit in. Still don't use it though, bigger case with the 04s please Ibasso.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #2,460 of 3,344
Burnt mine in for 150 hours and made a big difference, much better

If you'll backread long enough, you'll see that most owners here benefited from burning in for at least 100 hours. Though @Paul - iBasso recommends 200 hours at least.

thanks guys...seems like at least another week before I get the best out these IEMs...the only thing I will complain about the it03 is that the leather pouch, though nice, seems a bit too small and I have problem squeezing them in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back