IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,434 of 3,344
It03 is not neutral. Bass is significantly boosted in the lower octaves.

I think it depends upon what you are listening to. I see where some people want more bass and feel the IT03 is too flat on the frequency response. Also some music has been recorded with the bass boosted or they incorporate a lot of bass in the recording. I have number of Scott Hamilton jazz recordings that for me, they are ruined because of too much bass in the recordings.  I would say though that the Utopia are more neutral and with them, some people feel there isn't enough bass but I think the Focal Utopia are giving you what is on the recording. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,435 of 3,344
I think it depends upon what you are listening to. I see where some people want more bass and feel the IT03 is too flat on the frequency response. Also some music has been recorded with the bass boosted or they incorporate a lot of bass in the recording. I have number of Scott Hamilton jazz recordings that for me, they are ruined because of too much bass in the recordings.  I would say though that the Utopia are more neutral and with them, some people feel there isn't enough bass but I think the Focal Utopia are giving you what is on the recording. 

Shouldn't matter, we would need some graphs to know for sure. I have used the IT03 for a long while now over a whole variety of music styles and can confidently say it is not neutral in the bass (and maybe the treble too). I think it is a L signature with a very gentle upward slope in the treble.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #2,437 of 3,344
Apr 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,439 of 3,344
CB12 back 'in stock' at Penon.

I've ordered to go with my IT03.

Where's the IT04?  JK

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,444 of 3,344
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 26, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #2,445 of 3,344
What iem is upgrade in the same class? (firm of sound)
I like the big soundstage, neutral with a little touch of bass, a nice body of sound and little smoth highs, good air on the treble.

Aaw w900 is a option? what more?
I use the it03+ Dx200 on high gain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back