ibassio T3 with tf-10
Sep 17, 2010 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

slickooz

100+ Head-Fier
I think I'm receiving the T3 today. What setting should I use with the tf-10? And is the T3 good combo with tf-10?
I been playing with it for a few hours and there is definitely an improvement in overall sq.

Is everyone else happy with their T3?

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Because I had gotten used to the TF10's somewhat recessed sounding mids when using them un-amped, at first I thought using the T3 made the TF10's midrange sound too forward.  But after a while I grew to like the T3 more with TF10.  Now I can't enjoy the TF10 right out of the headphone jack as much as with the T3.  So I do think the T3 improved the TF10 Pro's sound.  I like the iBasso D10 or Pico Slim more with them, but the T3 is much more portable than D10 and much cheaper priced than the Slim.

My TF10 are the iPhone version so that I could use their microphone with the iPhone, and using the T3 amp to drive them meant not being able to take phone calls with the TF10 unless I unplugged them from the amp and plugged into the iPhone.  With the iPhone you can use the mic on the phone for calls when using any IEM.  So I prefer to use my UM3X out of the iPhone's headphone jack, rather than the TF10 Pro with an amp, and therefore I've stopped using the TF10Pro completely for now.  

I did feel that the T3 with line out dock was slightly better than my iPhone 3GS headphone jack, while the T4 was worse than the iPhone headphone out.  And the TF10 pro are probably ranked among my top 5 or 6 universal IEM (UM3X, W3, W2, MTP Gold, TF10 Pro, X10).  So, I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think, and just focus on enjoying what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back