I won a pair of Grado SR60's on eBay, but got SR125's in the mail. Good deal?
Apr 16, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #61 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by seeberg
I'm not too worried about bass response that I HAVE to have it. A smooth signature will do just nicely(Like my home system), and from hearing the SR125's, I have to say that I believe Grado might just make the smoothest curves I have ever enjoyed. My worry about the headphones I have is that bass distorts at high volume, depending on the song quality and burn-in. Nobody here so far has given me an offer for them, but I am open minded about people who would like to buy them through Paypal. And yes, a Money+Trade would be a good idea, like "Trade New SR125's for Used SR60's + Cash"... Hey, why don't I do that?

The distortion most likely could be that you're hearing the limitation of the mp3 encoding. Poor encoders and even 128 kbps bit rates can produce distortion that becomes apparent on more detailed headphones. I would try listening to CD's and see if you hear the distortion.

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:30 PM Post #62 of 62
The distortion comes from standard 1411kbps CD's that were premastered(Nora Jones, Cake, Coldplay, Killer Mike) and not recorded by me. And I put suggestions to sell other cans in the gear for sale forum, hope that clears it up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back