I won a pair of Grado SR60's on eBay, but got SR125's in the mail. Good deal?
Apr 15, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #31 of 62
Nice to know, but how much do they run for, and what about the Sony eggo D66? I can't find anything online about them.

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #32 of 62
do a search for MDR-V6

I'm sure you'll find lots of info.

Oh btw, stay clear away from the D66 Eggo if you like bass.

Apr 15, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #33 of 62
Got it. I'll do my search, but in the meantime, I am preparing to sell both of my heaphones.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by seeberg
Actually, better portability and lack of overkill are my primary needs- a balanced sound for cheap was my original goal. If I sell my 125's for 60's, I'll have what I needed originally. Besides that, assuming my 125's got broken on the road, I'd be out of luck. If anything, I'll buy from HeadRoom this time and get a good warranty. But sometimes (And this is not an offense), I wish as a business incentive, they'd offer free standard shipping on some of their cheaper cans.

I swear that you are the PRIME candidate for some PortaPros.

$34 shipped from amazon.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:25 PM Post #36 of 62
I dunno, those Grado's are nice, and I want to makes me some moneys so methinks I'll go with some SR60's... they should have what, 75% of the SR125 performance?

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #38 of 62
My mind is set on Grado, since they do have the best performance possible for my needs. Sennheiser is good, but I don't need isolation for I am on the go frequently.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:32 PM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

I dunno, those Grado's are nice, and I want to makes me some moneys so methinks I'll go with some SR60's... they should have what, 75% of the SR125 performance?

The SR60s are nice, but they lack bass for a bass-head such as yourself.

Get the portapros if you want a protable all-use can with killer bass, good soundstage and sonically musical. When you wear them ,you'll tap your feet to the music much more so than with the Grados.

Plus, the Grados LEAK.. A LOT , which makes them useless to listen to anywhere but a quiet bedroom type environment.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #40 of 62
I'm not really a bass head; if the sound is balanced, then I am thoroughly satisfied. I believe the SR60's may have a great deal of the same characteristics as the SR125's with added portability.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

My mind is set on Grado, since they do have the best performance possible for my needs. Sennheiser is good, but I don't need isolation for I am on the go frequently.

I don't understand this. Isolation is exactly what you need when you are "on the go".

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #42 of 62
I prefer sound quality above isolation though. Additionally, when on a drive, people can't make out what I listen to above engine noise anyhow. Besides, if I get those Grados through HeadRoom, I can retun them within a month if I'm not pleased, right?

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

I prefer sound quality above isolation though. Additionally, when on a drive, people can't make out what I listen to above engine noise anyhow. Besides, if I get those Grados through HeadRoom, I can retun them within a month if I'm not pleased, right?

If people can't make out the music because of noise then how can you? Seems with a noisy engine you wouldn't want a phone that lets all sound in
rolleyes.gif

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #44 of 62
I was on a trip to Idaho recently and sound leakage was not an issue. Besides, it's like secondhand smoke. The effect for the smoker and bystander are moderately different. Less sound leaks out than what goes into my head with those 125's as well as my Sennheisers.

Apr 15, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #45 of 62
first off, the grado sr60 is the same exact size as the 125. The portability factor is the same.

Also, the grados are USELESS for traveling, the leak to much and allow too much in.

Plus, they don't fold and are hardly portable to lug around.

Not sure why you like the grado's so much. But in head-fi, you should be at least a tad more open minded.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back