I will be selling most of my headphones
Apr 6, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #17 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. what about that AKG sign?
tongue.gif

Dude, I called dibs in the last thread that Fitz started about selling his headphones. Can I call dibs on the K290?

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #18 of 91
Can we have a list please and will you post to the UK. If not my mate in Canada will send them on to me if you'll post there.

Sorry to read of your need to sell, hope you can find some way to keep them all, if not wish you well with the sale

Karl

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #19 of 91
Take a picture of each one individually ,then group shots before you sell them,if you do sell them. Keep a few really rare ones.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So which phones are you keeping?

I don't know which, I will only keep a small number of headphones, around 4-6 maybe. Only two I know for sure are middle production K240 sextett, and the K270HC I use for gaming headset. It will be very difficult to choose which to keep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't seems too promising. Cause I just looked through 10 random FS threads from Fitz and all of them say "$xxx Shipped US"

I've always shipped internationally to friends and/or cool people who ask nicely, but the posted price is only for the included US shipping. People who automatically assume I will ship internationally, expect me to eat the extra shipping charges, or just annoy me are the ones I won't sell to. Unfortunately they make up the most of who's asked, probably because the good people are too polite to ask when it's not specifically stated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, I called dibs in the last thread that Fitz started about selling his headphones. Can I call dibs on the K290?

I think I remember this, but I don't know if I want to sell it, because I use it as a light for my closet because the regular one is too difficult to reach to turn on and off.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #23 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have a list of the headphones you intend to sell?

No, I will sell them one by one as I decide which ones I will keep and which I will sell. And any random people who PM me trying to claim certain phones before I've posted them for sale (and aren't a friend or somebody I promised one to before) will most certainly not be sold to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the reason?

And what next?

It is slightly complicated and probably not a reason most people would guess or assume. I do not wish to go into the details of it.

There is no "next." I love AKG and there is nothing that can replace it for me, so I will have to be careful in which ones I choose to keep.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #25 of 91
Waiting with bated breath for you to put up some awesome AKG cans. <3

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I remember this, but I don't know if I want to sell it, because I use it as a light for my closet because the regular one is too difficult to reach to turn on and off.

Ah I didn't realize it was utilitarian as well as decorative.

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #27 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah I didn't realize it was utilitarian as well as decorative.

That was actually the main reason I got it in the first place, because I'm not really the kind of person who hangs up signs or posters out in the open.
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I will sell them one by one as I decide which ones I will keep and which I will sell. And any random people who PM me trying to claim certain phones before I've posted them for sale (and aren't a friend or somebody I promised one to before) will most certainly not be sold to.

Thanks for posting that little tidbit AFTER I PM'd you, since now I am a "random person who isn't a friend or somebody you promised one before". Great - I broke the rules before they were posted
frown.gif

On the other hand, that does me the favor of saving my wallet...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #29 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting that little tidbit AFTER I PM'd you, since now I am a "random person who isn't a friend or somebody you promised one before". Great - I broke the rules before they were posted
frown.gif

On the other hand, that does me the favor of saving my wallet...
smily_headphones1.gif

I only asked for certain people to PM me about the headphones. I did not expect to receive a bunch of random PMs from other people who can't even wait for the actual FS listings of the ones I've decided to sell. I'm sure you can understand how unpleasant that is, considering how difficult this decision was.

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #30 of 91
I am assuming I will get no reply to the PM, but you will eventually post for sale what I was interested in, and I'll be asleep or away from my computer when some other random person buys it before me. Probably almost as unpleasant, but maybe not quite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back