I want good "over ear" headphones at little cost. Please help.
Dec 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #31 of 38
I'd just like you to keep in mind that sound>style. Don't get suckered in to brands like Skullcandy that put style before sound. or ifrogz for that matter.

Same thing goes for the Beats. They don't sound bad, but again, style over sound, and quite overpriced.

Hope you enjoy your XD500's. Welcome to head-fi.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 38
HE HAS ALREADY BOUGHT HEADPHONES.  Are you guys special or something?  You know the part where he talks about already using XB500's?  Yeah, that means that if he is using them, then he has them.

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #34 of 38
Any comments on the av receiver I got? Anyone have one? The settings are really confusing but I'm very impressed with it.

When I'm back at work tomorrow I might see if I can download a manual or something as I'm confused with a few things for example - I eventually got a decent sound through my cans after messing about with the settings but when I plugged my iPhone in to listen to music through my cans it sounded really bad with some eqs on but the "headphone (direct)" setting sounded a lot better.

Thanks for the input folks :)

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #35 of 38
I don't think the XB500 will need much amping. I don't have much experience with receivers, although I am using one for my HD650's.
Also, I wouldn't use the EQ on my DAP(digital audio player) unless it's a really good one. If you are using the receiver, you may want to consider a line out dock to bypass the ipod's amp.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #36 of 38
For $70 at Amazon, Creative Aurvana Live are a good option, and they have decent bass

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #38 of 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back