I wanna try some electronica.... Suggestions?
Jul 23, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #46 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got round to dl'ing that free album, Apologies by Mosaik and i LOVE it! It's amazing that something so good could be free. It's kinda like TBU, but nowhere near as good. It's still awesome though! This is the first time I've understood what people mean when they say 'instrument' separation! :O

Excellent! There's quite alot of other tunes by him floating around on the internet if you search for them.

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #47 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent! There's quite alot of other tunes by him floating around on the internet if you search for them.

Thanks for introducing me to them
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be sure to check some more out.

Oh and I might go to the library tomorrow and see if they have any other mentioned CD's I can get out, seeing as its only $1. Weee I love having a public library part of my school
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #48 of 76
I guess I seperate Techno from Electronica in my head.

Check out bands like: Air, M83, Massive Attack, Mogwai,

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #50 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Mogwai

Wait WHAT? I was with you till this. I mean Mogwai is a fantastic band and all, but what does post-rock have to do with electronic music?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #51 of 76
Someone suggested Ellen Allien & Apparat's recent album "Orchestra Of Bubbles"; picked it up today on vinyl (2xLP, lucky find!) and it's very good
smily_headphones1.gif
Good pressing too, no defects.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #52 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u-Ziq - Lunatic Harness (buy it, love it, nuff said)

Aside from wanting to say thanks for your excellent post (got several of the lps mentioned, and now want to get loads of the ones I don't have), I need to say- if there's one thing that should be taken from this thread... it's- go buy Lunatic Harness!
icon10.gif

Absolutely wicked album. I'm not much of a reviewer so all I'll say is that the layers of synths duking it out with the breaks, plus the general song structures, allow my mind to wander in a manner rarely achieved otherwise... Oh, and 'Midwinter Log' is both an awesome closer, and a great headphone track.

Lots of his other stuff is worth exploring too- I'm particularly fond of Bluff Limbo and the Brace Yourself EP (and will even admit to a fondness for Royal Astronomy at times).

Also, wanting to actually contribute something new, I really like Plaid's Rest Proof Clockwork. Very mellow, shifting moods, occasionally almost achingly beautiful and last but not least, it takes me back to my latter school years...
smily_headphones1.gif
Parts of the Trainer compilation are great too, but it is a bit patchy, especially as an intro to the band.

And... did anybody mention Wagon Christ yet?

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #54 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait WHAT? I was with you till this. I mean Mogwai is a fantastic band and all, but what does post-rock have to do with electronic music?

from what I've noticed is, some people categorize them as electronica...*shrugs* still...Check them out!
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #56 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to throw in a nod to Booka Shade - Movements. I've really been liking this album a lot lately, it's just so...right.

x2 on this, too bad eMusic gave me a copy with gaps between tracks (2 secs of silence at the end of the mp3s)
mad.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #57 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a boyfriend and ask him.
tongue.gif

oh my my my. we got some hatred here? are you of the "books are gay" school as well?

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #59 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by guttorm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh my my my. we got some hatred here? are you of the "books are gay" school as well?

I figured that post was slightly more tongue-in-cheek rather than mean spirited. Am I thinking too well of humanity?

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #60 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured that post was slightly more tongue-in-cheek rather than mean spirited. Am I thinking too well of humanity?

maybe not. anyway, i like how everybody else just bypassed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back