I think my used Denon D2000s are actually modded!
Mar 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kiikasi

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up used Denon D2000s in Japan (For an epic price, by the way) and I expected the slightly recessed mids, loose bass, and slight sibilance. I got NONE of that.

After several A/B's with my HE-500s, T5ps, IE800, and other high-end headphones that I own and they ripped them apart. No, this isn't just hype or first-hear-romance. I've had these since December and they surprise me daily. So my main question is this: Are my D2000s modded, or are they really this good? (I don't want to open them up in the time being as I don't want to damage them)

Description of the sound signature for people to compare to their own D2000s: Bass is amazingly deep and tight, slightly boosted but does not muddle with the mids. About the mids, they are silky smooth and not recessed in the slightest. I would say they are very detailed, but not quite as detailed as the IE800 in the mids and Highs (But the Denon bass is better). The highs are beautifully extended and not grainy or splashy at all, as I hear others say. Can I please hear the opinions of other owners? How would you describe their sound?

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Personally I thought the D2000 bass was pretty tight/solid. Mids were pretty forward but I can't remember too much about them. Treble was pretty damn sparkly, a bit too much for my ears. Overall, young and full of energy and I really liked their soundstage as well but I found the treble fatiguing sometimes.

So far, I haven't found any other heaphones that do bass like my stock D2000s did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back