I think I've been scammed. What should I do?
Oct 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

That's the point - you haven't heard anything re Chris's side - yet the lynch mob has already passed judgement.

Give him a chance to respond.  If he chooses not to - then feel free to draw your own conclusions.

I'm sorry, it just seems as if he's completely ignoring the situation.

Until proven guilty...

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:
I would never buy anything (amp, headphones, etc.) from any member of any forum, including this one.Thre are many scammers and crooks out there. - I could only buy from Jude, administrators, moderators, etc. But unfortunately these guys do not sell anything.

I've been trying to sell a bunch of stuff for months. However, I wanted to use this post as an example of lack of observation. 

It's simple: 

A package has gone missing (if it was sent).

There's no more anyone can say. I don't agree with the lynch mob mentality that tends to occur here when these things happen. Most of it is the result of international packages going missing because people don't realise that postal services are full of crooks. That is why I put the warning at the top of every classified forum. I can't help it if people ignore my advice.

When a trade goes bad, here, there are two things you can do: Leave negative feedback. File a dispute with Paypal. If people are genuinely scamming others the negative feedback will pile up fast. Most of the time I get a report of people (not just a single person) not receiving things they paid for, there is NO negative feedback! Use the system! We went out of our way to get it put in place for this reason!

If you do the things I've suggested, such as NOT using Paypal gift and sending items with tracking or requiring a signature (if within the same country), if someone does run a scam, they'll get shut down fast and everyone will get their money back. At that point, alerting us to the situation we may be able to do something useful (but I wont say what) to inhibit that person causing more grief.

Until then, declaring someone to be scammer over a single item is unacceptable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back