I think I've been scammed. What should I do?
Oct 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
Hopefully there's more to this story. I'm interested to hear.  Sadly if true this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened on Head-Fi.

No amp. Where is it? And poor communication, he was just on Head-Fi for example hours ago.
No excuse, it's pathetic when things like this happen. There should be some type of
ban from the For Sale/Trade Forums, and a strip of MOT status.

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
I'm guessing: http://www.head-fi.org/t/618703/nuforce-hdp

Hopefully he'll get you sorted, considering he is a MoT.

That can't be the F/S listing. Chris bought that Nuforce from seller locally.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 32
I keep seeing Chris bouncing around in other threads. Has no one really let him know his reputation is on the line, or does he just not care...

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #21 of 32
I've seen this happen in several forums. People build up a reputation, then out of nowhere do a money grab until they are banned. I knew about this type of behavior and still got taken for $650.

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #22 of 32
I would never buy anything (amp, headphones, etc.) from any member of any forum, including this one.Thre are many scammers and crooks out there. - I could only buy from Jude, administrators, moderators, etc. But unfortunately these guys do not sell anything.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #24 of 32
I've done a bunch of transactions on Head-Fi and had zero problems. The closest I came to an issue was buying a CD player with a wonky jack and the seller made good with no muss or fuss. There are scammers and I'm sort of shocked that the MOT hasn't done anything about this.

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:
I've done a bunch of transactions on Head-Fi and had zero problems. The closest I came to an issue was buying a CD player with a wonky jack and the seller made good with no muss or fuss. There are scammers and I'm sort of shocked that the MOT hasn't done anything about this.

If the OP got a payment reversal through PayPal, then cool. But Chris who is a MOT, has not spoken a word. All the while roaming Head-Fi.
It's pretty ridiculous that he hasn't been banned. There needs to be much harsher repercussions. He has built his business upon Head-Fi
and although, OP who was scammed may have recovered his money, Chris is still in business, which is unacceptable.

He's showing just how unprofessional he is. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #26 of 32
Is he aware of this thread? Does he know that his reputation and credibility is at stake? If any of this is valid, and it seems to be, I'd never do business with him for anything.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:
If the OP got a payment reversal through PayPal, then cool. But Chris who is a MOT, has not spoken a word. All the while roaming Head-Fi.
It's pretty ridiculous that he hasn't been banned. There needs to be much harsher repercussions. He has built his business upon Head-Fi
and although, OP who was scammed may have recovered his money, Chris is still in business, which is unacceptable.

He's showing just how unprofessional he is. 

In other forums you get a new bright red title called "blacklisted trader", or something similar to let people know the person they're trading with has complaints against him/her. I know head-fi has a feedback system but most people see that +28 and will just assume it's safe, but a new shiny negative title will encourage people to think twice before ripping off someone, especially for members like chris who still use the forum daily.

Quote:
Is he aware of this thread? Does he know that his reputation and credibility is at stake? If any of this is valid, and it seems to be, I'd never do business with him for anything.

I'm pretty sure he does, paypal should had sent him a dozen emails by now not to mention the OP.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #28 of 32
Before everyone jumps to conclusions - I'd like to hear both sides of the story.  I've already traded a couple of emails backwards and forwards with Chris - so he is now aware of the thread.  Suggest everyone waits and doesn't draw conclusions until all the evidence is out there.

@evanolynuk - I feel for you mate, but it's a bit early to confirm you've been scammed.  Apparently Chris feels the same way - and he has a confirmed receipt from the shipping company.  What I see for now is a lack of communication - that needs to be resolved.  I've given Chris some advice from a business point of view - including the first step of actually communicating, and getting his side across.

Hopefully this will eventually lead to a successful resolution.

Will leave Chris to (hopefully) respond.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
The title says it all folks.  I hold no grudge to the FS forums but I bought an icon hdp months ago but all usps ever received was the shipping info; no record of an actual parcel.  I've held out until now but the member has not gotten back to me in any way, shape, or form.  Funny thing is, he's got a trade rating (or whatever it's called) of around +25.  That's why I'm a little confused.  

My apologies for bringing such a disheartening topic to a lounge forum but I didn't know where else to bring it up.  Any suggestions would be nice.  

Quote:
Well, after a few phone calls with paypal and usps (not to mention frequent emails and PM's to the seller) it's been determined that the guy took my money and ran.  Usps never got the amp.  As I was told, I'll name the offender: Chris_Himself

I feel like I'm finger pointing but this is a great forum.  BS like that ruins the fun for everyone.  Now I'm out 350 bucks.  

Quote:
Before everyone jumps to conclusions - I'd like to hear both sides of the story.  I've already traded a couple of emails backwards and forwards with Chris - so he is now aware of the thread.  Suggest everyone waits and doesn't draw conclusions until all the evidence is out there.

@evanolynuk - I feel for you mate, but it's a bit early to confirm you've been scammed.  Apparently Chris feels the same way - and he has a confirmed receipt from the shipping company.  What I see for now is a lack of communication - that needs to be resolved.  I've given Chris some advice from a business point of view - including the first step of actually communicating, and getting his side across.

Hopefully this will eventually lead to a successful resolution.

Will leave Chris to (hopefully) respond.

I'm not exactly sure what else there is to defend. But ok, sure, let's hear him out. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what else there is to defend. But ok, sure, let's hear him out. 

That's the point - you haven't heard anything re Chris's side - yet the lynch mob has already passed judgement.

Give him a chance to respond.  If he chooses not to - then feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back