I think I got scammed.. any advice?
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #46 of 105
It's a little long, yes, but it's only been a week. It's perfectly possible he shipped them and just hasn't been around a computer for a week. Or he's really busy. I can go a week without checking the forums when I'm loaded with meetings, projects, work, etc. That's no excuse - if you sell something you have an obligation to tie up the loose ends. I'm just saying that I wouldn't start freaking out yet - file a dispute (no need to elevate it yet). If another weeks passes it's time to call Visa, etc.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #47 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to light a fire (so to speak) under the guy, file a PayPal dispute. You can always dismiss the dispute later if it works out. One guy on eBay held out for about a month ($20 item) and ignored emails. So I filed a dispute and he shipped within a day or two. I dismissed the dispute and he was apologetic - said he had moved, etc. and it sounded legit. I gave him positive feedback anyway because he was cool about it. Anyhow, there's no harm in beginning a dispute. If everyone performs, you can make it go away and everything works out.

I have done the above twice with different Ebay sellers, worked both times. I think it is worth someone perhaps thinking you are impatient as apposed to waiting and losing your money.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #48 of 105
I already filed the paypal dispute around 5 days ago. He still has not gone on his Head-fi account or replied on Paypal. Is it time to file a direct Visa dispute?

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #50 of 105
Could be a mistake, but it still warrants action at this point. Don't hesitate to do what is necessary.

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #51 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already filed the paypal dispute around 5 days ago. He still has not gone on his Head-fi account or replied on Paypal. Is it time to file a direct Visa dispute?

In my opinion, you should only file a Visa dispute after the paypal dispute has failed. If the person is not replying to paypal, then they will probably rule in your favour. Be patient.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #52 of 105
Well I have to wait until March 7 for Paypal to do something if seller doesn't respond. I have to wait until March 24 for Visa to start an investigation. So this guy is lucky he has a lot of time to fix the situation.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #53 of 105
I had a package take near 2 weeks I think, even though the expected time originally was considerably shorter. Had massive issues with the seller agreeing on shipping, kind just got tired of it all and accepted his terms.

Some don't do much follow up once stuff is shipped / or in the reverse situation, once stuff is received. I'd contacted the previous owner of the items to ask questions on the condition, and he replied that he was glad they got to the current seller alright, since no communication was there.

I'm hoping for your case it's just a lack of communication, from the "once I get my good/cash, I don't care" approach. Best of luck to ya, and keep us updated.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #54 of 105
I know I'm late getting to this thread, but I agree Vadim's decision. When you filed the paypal claim, I would have done the same. Yeah I wouldn't have expected the shipment in by then, but at least a response, confirmation of received payment, notification of package being prepared, then later package sent with tracking number.

I hope it gets resolved so you can use your money for some other headphones.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #56 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by musako6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no response for a week does sound pretty fishy...but if he hasn't been on the head fi forums...it could mean that something has happened to him.

Yes but when I needed to get a message sent, and my i-net was down, I had contacted a friend/relative to notify for me in the past. There are ways.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #57 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes but when I needed to get a message sent, and my i-net was down, I had contacted a friend/relative to notify for me in the past. There are ways.

...maybe he's comatose after a car accident etc...

I'm just saying there are scenarios that fit the circumstances here that don't involve scamming. But I agree that starting a paypal dispute is the right move.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #59 of 105
He pm'ed me that he'll give me tracking number tomorrow, and he said headphones were already sent. I'll give an update than.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #60 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He pm'ed me that he'll give me tracking number tomorrow, and he said headphones were already sent. I'll give an update than.

Did he give any reasons for the long silence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back