I think I got scammed.. any advice?
Mar 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #76 of 105
Yeah I know. But I got my trusty beyer 770s atm
smily_headphones1.gif
. Banning him from the forum really wouldn't serve much use. He could sign up with a new account, change his IP or whatever.

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #77 of 105
Have you called up your credit card company?

Excuse me if I missed something, I haven't read the middle pages.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #78 of 105
Already did^ They said that I could open a case with them on March 24.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #79 of 105
that sucks to hear Vadim. best of luck sorting it out and getting your money back.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #80 of 105
ddd

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #81 of 105
Any updates? You'll probably win the paypal dispute if he doesn't have enough evidence to show.

I found it funny that the pics that is on his FS page have a "Do fish get thirsty? Take the dumb test now." link.

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #83 of 105
Just thought I'd keep everyone updated, still have not received anything. He has not been on since 03-11-2009 05:11 AM and has not contacted me. Visa won't let me file a case because it's a paypal transaction, but I could call the rcmp fraud office and see what they can do tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?

PS I don't think that is his ebay account because that account was opened on Aug-08-98 and he is only 20. That would have to mean he opened it when he was 9 which I highly doubt.

Also I have won the paypal dispute but they have only been able to recover $16.78 CAD which I think was still on his account. I doubt they would be able to get the rest because he probably already transferred it to his bank.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #84 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I'd keep everyone updated, still have not received anything. He has not been on since 03-11-2009 05:11 AM and has not contacted me. Visa won't let me file a case because it's a paypal transaction, but I could call the rcmp fraud office and see what they can do tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?

PS I don't think that is his ebay account because that account was opened on Aug-08-98 and he is only 20. That would have to mean he opened it when he was 9 which I highly doubt.

Also I have won the paypal dispute but they have only been able to recover $16.78 CAD which I think was still on his account. I doubt they would be able to get the rest because he probably already transferred it to his bank.

That does suck.. But many people jump the gun. Ebay f'ed up.. 2 people won the same item. I didn't think nothing of it. I shipped it to the first address.. Then I got a PM about, wheres my game.. Then I realized, there was a screw up.. I told him. He had a right to be angry. I offered him a choice of 2 other games, free shipping.. Next thing I know, he filed a dispute? All he had to do was ask for his MONEY BACK!! I was going there next anyways. I even proved to him that there were 2 winners.. C/P my pay pal billing.. Both won at the same exact time.. All ends good. He gave me positive feedback & thanked me for refunding his money.

Mar 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #85 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That does suck.. But many people jump the gun. Ebay f'ed up.. 2 people won the same item. I didn't think nothing of it. I shipped it to the first address.. Then I got a PM about, wheres my game.. Then I realized, there was a screw up.. I told him. He had a right to be angry. I offered him a choice of 2 other games, free shipping.. Next thing I know, he filed a dispute? All he had to do was ask for his MONEY BACK!! I was going there next anyways. I even proved to him that there were 2 winners.. C/P my pay pal billing.. Both won at the same exact time.. All ends good. He gave me positive feedback & thanked me for refunding his money.

Two winners!? How does that even happen? Nice to hear it ended well though.

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #86 of 105
Well I can see that happening as some people don't have verified addresses or paypal accounts. I'm still waiting on a $20 refund from Paypal for over 3 years since I won a case. Anything else I can do?

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #88 of 105
Congratulations. I am glad everything turned up OK. Could you again post the guys name and information? also, make sure to post your complaints in the feedback thread.

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #90 of 105
Yep. For anyone wandering, his user name is Hellacious D and I bought the headphones on 2/18/2009 and got them on 4/1/2009. It's ok though because I got $16.78 back from paypal and I think that's a shipping discount for the long wait.

They work perfect and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back