I ripped the cable out of my portapro by accident... anywhere to get a recable for cheap?
Sep 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
Title says it all. I just got new portapro KTC's and I accidentally stepped on the cable and ripped one out... I'm so bummed. I think Koss has a lifetime warranty but they're Kramer modded so i don't know if that voids it.

(I can't solder)

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Well do you think that the manufacturer should cover it with its warranty when you rip out the cable?
Put them up on ebay (or head-fi marketplace) for someone who can fix it and buy a new pair, that's what I would do.

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Well do you think that the manufacturer should cover it with its warranty when you rip out the cable?

Yeah actually...I think they do.
Far as I am aware Koss is a no questions asked warranty.

Check that first and see if shipping is worth it compared to selling here then buying another like suggested above.

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I like the Koss KSC75's much more than the PortaPros. They have less bass, but sound much better to my ears.

You could buy a pair of these for about $15 (on Amazon) and attach them to the PortaPro headband (they snap right in). Cheap and simple fix (especially considering that you have to pay $9 shipping to take advantage of the Koss warranty).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back