I need some help with HD 650!! -
Jul 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

libertine47

New Head-Fier
Hi im new in this forum so be kind to me!
biggrin.gif
      -forgive for my english is no so good--
I just bought an HD 650 and portable amp Little Dot MK I+ , i heard good things about the HD 650, but when i listen to then (i was listening "Ibelong to you" from Muse on my ipod classic 6th generation - the song was in wav format ), didnt surprise much i was waiting something really amazing  
L3000.gif
   but nothing, i think its maybe becausa the portable amp im using or because the DAC from the ipod classic its no so good, so i need your opinion please. 
I use my computer 24/7 so a friend of mine told me to buy the sound card Asus Xonar Essence STX do you think this sound car is good for the HD 650???????

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 2
i would suggest a desktop amplifier for the hd650. i cannot comment on the performance of the asus essence stx as i do not have experience with it. generally a proper desktop amplifier should bring about the best performance from your hd650. i am using just an entry level amp from little dot, the mk2, and i think it's doing a passable job. try a quick search for amps with good synergy with the hd650 here on headfi!

good luck 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back