I need screws for a SONY MDR CD3000
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bush

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

does anybody know where I could find screws for the Sony MDR CD3000 ?

Thank you for your help.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 7
The headband assembly of the CD3000 has been replaced by someone who lost a screw when reassembling the headphone, and this screw is very unusual, I had never seen one like it.
I made some researches with Google and ebay, but it has been unsuccessful.
So I'd be glad if someone could help me.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 7
if you can take a detailed picture of one it would be best, preferrably with thread pitch also. You'd get better results from all the DIY'ers that might have something that works.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 7
The screws are easy to replace, almost all cheap small toys from your cheap Walmart use these kind of screws but in silver. That's what I did with my CD850 while ago, but I found black ones instead.

Looked at your location, don't know if France (Paris) have a Walmart but there should some cheap $2 bargain stores there that hold those cheap overseas made toys.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for your advice.
Here are the pictures.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 7
If Sony can't provide you with one I think you'll have to make one. Measure the length and determine the the thread size, 10/24, 8/32 whatever. get a washer that fits the screw and is the correct diameter, then find something like small clear plastic tubing or electricians tape wrapped very tightly for the collar. Think like McGyver.

Good luck.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
If Sony can't provide you with one I think you'll have to make one. Measure the length and determine the the thread size, 10/24, 8/32 whatever. get a washer that fits the screw and is the correct diameter, then find something like small clear plastic tubing or electricians tape wrapped very tightly for the collar. Think like McGyver.

Good luck.

OK, thanks. I'll try the McGyver method.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back