I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150
Nov 18, 2012 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Arbakadarba

New Head-Fier
First of all I must excuse my english. It's not my first language, and i have very little practice writing it.

I am pretty new to good, portable sound and I am therefor in need of some advice and guiding when I am now planning on buying some new IME's. I listen mostly to rock and hip hop, and in that context I would like clear, good sounding vocals and a snappy bass.

As important as the sound is, I am really fan of good build quality. For me experienced quality is as important as actual quality.

The source will mainly be my iPod Touch 4th generation with a Fiio E6 conected via Fiio L3 - if it is at all necessary with the amp.

I am not intrested in mic's or any buttons on the cord.

Prices will of course vary from country to country. I find the prices where I am from to be somewhat higher than prices in the US, but not by much. Availability, on the other hand, is not good.

I appreciate all answers...

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 2
I find the Brainwavz M2 works well with rock and hip-hop.  I especially like them paired with some Comply T-400 foams tips for added isolation and comfort.  The IEMs run $65 or so new and the Comply T-400 foam tips are around $15 for 3-pairs.  The IEMs themselves are built really well and come with some decent accessories.  They have strain reliefs where the wires plug into the earpieces as well as at the connector.  The driver covers unscrew easily so you can clean the driver filters out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back