i need headphones for my ipod touch
Jul 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

najib

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

as my mdr-v700dj died last month "" the worst headphones i've ever had
angry_face.gif
"" , now i want to move to serious grounds. my plan is to go for the grado sr225i or the rs2i  and the ibasso p3.

1. will i need an amp to drive those 2 headphones or the ipod touch will do the work?

2. you can recommend me other headphones and other portable amps ( available in europe
regular_smile .gif
) if you think my choices are bad, my max budget is 700 euros.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi.

What's your budget? If they're going to be used as portables in public I'd probably not go the grado route as the ones I had leaked a fair amount.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Home listening I would suggest the Grado's but not for public. However you could get some Grado 325's for home.

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for your replays

my budget is around 800 us dollars , i will use them in public (80%) home use will be 20% , so i need a very good headphones , i prefer the full size cans , but any suggestion is welcome , if i had more money i would go for the top of the line custom ultimate ears but.....

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 8
I thought I saw some JH-13s for something like $600 in the FS forum. You could get impressions and remolding done for right around your budget for that. Otherwise I'd probably consider two cans. One as a portable and one for home use. What kind of music do you listen to?

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #7 of 8
80% portable? Definately stay away from open cans like Grado's. Others around you will hear your music and you will hear outside noises, making you want to turn up your music louder, which can result in hearing loss etc.

Try looking here on Head-Fi for a pair of used custom IEMs like JH 13 pro.

Some full sized portable cans can, depending on music preferences: ESW9, ESW10JPN, SRH-840, PRO 750/900 etc.

I would highly recommend custom IEMs for you though. If I were listening to music at least 70% inside, 30% outside, I would get the JH 13 Pro myself, but my current situation is more like 95% inside, 5% outside.

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #8 of 8
wooow i am getting serious advices , thank§s guys!!!!!  well i listen primarily to house/trance/techno/other electronic music , when it comes to the in ear headphones , i just checked the jh13 pro , they look great and for the price , they should sound terrific hahahha , the problem is that i live in europe and i am sure i ll pay some extra cash for the custom import fees ....... the option of buying 2 cans , one for home use and other for street use in excellent , what do you recommend me . for home use i am going to use it with my macbook so i think i should get at least a DAC or maybe DAC and AMP....  and for the street use , the sony and pioneer option is very bad because these 2 manufacturers make bad headphones , the seenheiser option ( hd25 for example) i think is not suitable because the hd25 will sound like the sony mdr-v700dj , or maybe not , the hd25 are one of the best monitoring cans out there . should i buy them or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back