I miss bass... Recommend me an IEM or headphone!!
Sep 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an iPhone and I want a decent set of earphones with a strong low-end.

My options:
Future Sonics M5 Atrios
Super.fi 5 pro
Super.fi 5 vi (has a built in mic, otherwise this is just the Super.fi 5)
Q-Jays
Future Sonics Fs1
Future Sonics m5 Atrio.

You should forget about the q-Jays ... they've got decent high-end clarity, but absolutely no low-end.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #32 of 40
denon 751s seem nice but...bad noise isolation. Too bad the shure foams won't fint on the denons, that would make it perfect.

The atrio would be awesome but they have a 4 ft cable. I can only imagine what that would look like with a mic hanging down from it. I'm trying to use the IEM with an iphone and want to tack on a mic to them.

i really want the atrio m5, but i can't stand to have a 4 ft cable. That's just not going to work.

The super.fi 5 pro cable is 4 feet too...Is it possible to get an 18" cable?

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

denon 751s seem nice but...bad noise isolation. Too bad the shure foams won't fint on the denons, that would make it perfect.

Fixed with the Sony EX series eartips..they are a godsend for the isolation problem.

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

has anyone recabled the denon's ? I'd love to get instructions as i'd like to wire them up to an apple headset

I'd love to try this as well. Also, is the cord on the Denon C751 unwieldy? It seems like it would either be too short or too long. I like my cables a standard 120cm length rather than a short cord with an extension that makes them 150cm plus.. too long for pocket mp3 player use.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nephilonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to try this as well. Also, is the cord on the Denon C751 unwieldy? It seems like it would either be too short or too long. I like my cables a standard 120cm length rather than a short cord with an extension that makes them 150cm plus.. too long for pocket mp3 player use.

I got them on Friday and the cord is short. The extension doesn't make it too long though. I paired them with the Shure music phone mic (I use em with my iPhone).

I can tell you these are awesome. The silicone eartips that come with them are terrible. I pickued up comply foams. They isolate well with them.

In the future, i'm considering using my dremmel on the shure black silicones to make them fit the dennons.

I'd still like to recable them if anyone knows how. For now, the shure mic solves my problem though.

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #37 of 40
I'm surprised the V-moda's are still having these issues after so long. A very long time ago I was supposed to get a pair for review but never did. I guess this is the reason why because I was told by the owner that the problem was "overstated".

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

I got them on Friday and the cord is short. The extension doesn't make it too long though. I paired them with the Shure music phone mic (I use em with my iPhone).

I can tell you these are awesome. The silicone eartips that come with them are terrible. I pickued up comply foams. They isolate well with them.

In the future, i'm considering using my dremmel on the shure black silicones to make them fit the dennons.

I'd still like to recable them if anyone knows how. For now, the shure mic solves my problem though.

Do you find the Shure music mic to be useful with the Denon's short cable? It seems like the mic/button would be too low to be useful, and maybe just weigh down the cable.

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #39 of 40
I'm a basshead and I have fallen in love with my super fi pros. Getting the proper seal and angle... now thats another thing, I'm about to order the comply t500s or shure olives... If you do plan on getting these IEMS I strongly recommend to get some alternative tips as the isolation/comfort on the trial pack is no good (at least for my ears) except for the foamies but then again they wear out in a weeks use.

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nephilonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you find the Shure music mic to be useful with the Denon's short cable? It seems like the mic/button would be too low to be useful, and maybe just weigh down the cable.

The mic can be a bit low (i'm talking an inch or so), but you can clip it where you want and it doesn't look bad. The weight isn't a problem. It doesn't weigh much. I thought I wouldn't like the MPA for the same reasons you mentioned, but I do like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back